cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade with my dad

davidho416
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Luddite @dy901011@imm1304

Are you folks sure this will work, cause I tried cordinating with a mod earlier and was advise there is no such work around. 

My father and I are both on PM and I even purchase a third simcard ready to activate. Still they're saying theres a system limitation. 

8 REPLIES 8

OK I'll assume you want both plans with just a number switch and no port-out. Remember allow 24 hours for each step AFTER you have activated account 3 with its own email address. In the request to the moderators you must provide the account numbers, phone numbers and account email addresses.

1. move number on account 1(you) to 3 and give new number to 1

2. move number on account 2(dad) to 1 and get new number on 2

3. move number on account 3(you) to 2 and close 3

Draw it on paper so you are sure. There is no going back if you make a mistake.

If your dad, or you, will accept a new phone number you would only need step 1 (in the right direction of course!

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

OK, point of calrification. Must you retain the PLANS in both account #1 and #2?

davidho416

@Luddite

My phone which we'll call Plan 1, my father's we'll call plan 2 

I want to swap Plan 1 with Plan 2, so my number with his plan and his number with my plan. 

And I'm willing to have a third simcard activated if need be. 

@davidho416 Describe precisely what you wish to do for a detailed worksheet.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@davidho416 I have moved your discussion so it does not clutter the original post.

I can confirm it has been done. The caveat is that 1 account must be closed OR accept a totally random number assigned by a moderator.

The request takes the form:

"Please transfer the number on account #1 to account #2 and assign a new number to (or close) account #1."

Some have chained 3 accounts to get phone numbers exactly where they wished. I have no idea how long it takes but one should plan on 24 hours for each requested switch.

davidho416

Do you know which mod helped with this in the past? maybe I can send him a PM hoping he/she would help lol. 

I was going to let my father take over my plan and me switch over to Koodo $60/10GB but now I'll have to reconsider. :s 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

And this is were the "well it can be done with Moderator assistance" is a problem.  As much as I know it's been done, I will not suggest it, as it's not allowed by the self-serve, and it's a process that requires a lot of assistance.

DO I wish it could be policy, yes... but will it.... that's to be decided.

Need Help? Let's chat.