cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total amount of data

BrentP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

In my paid plan. I have 1.5 plus an extra one gig. Then there's a separate box in my profile that says my promotion. Which state I have another gig? Is my total 2.5 gigs or 3.5 gigs of data?

17 REPLIES 17

BrentP

I signed up dec 5thScreenshot_20200208-133644_Chrome.jpg

Then you are in luck, you keep the unlimited monthly data as long as you go up. So you will keep it if you sign up for the $40 plan. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Flash-SALE-Activate-on-a-35-mo-plan-amp...

@BrentP wrote:

I believe i signed up dec 5th 2019. 

BrentP

I believe i signed up dec 5th 2019. 

@BrentP wrote:

Do you know if i would  lose my promotional 1gig if i change to the $40 4.5 gig plan? 

If you tell us when you signed up we could dig out the announcement for the promotion and check the fiber print together. Since it's an upgrade I doubt you would lose 1gig monthly (you will definitely not lose the holiday gift)

If the fine print is not clear the next thing that can be done is to confirm with a moderator before proceeding

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

@BrentP Contact a moderator and ask them about the monthly data and wether you will lose it or not. When did you activate your plan here?

@BrentP wrote:

Do you know if i would  lose my promotional 1gig if i change to the $40 4.5 gig plan? 

If you click on 'view my usage' (just above and to the right of your add-ons listed you will be able to see a better picture of what is available for you during this cycle.

4g plans are long gone.

Since I came there were only data only 4g plans or you could build your plan, but if my memory is correct there was no 1.5 gigs over 30 days, only over 90 days. 35 is 1.5g only with autopay and autopay was not giving extra data to self built plans since I'm here (end of 2018)

Do you remember when you signed up?

@BrentP based upon what I see there, you keep the 1 gig holiday gift and lose the montly reaccuring 1 gig promotion at unlimited speed.  If you switch to the $40 plan with the 4.5 gigs at 3g speed +the 500 mb with autopay.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrentP wrote:

I don't recall what the promotion was.  But my promotion is 1g and i thought the speed for that was 4g. But i was so happy to cut my bill from $100 to $35 I didn't write it down.  I thought it would state it more clearly.  

Then that appears to be 3.5gigs total. So I suspect you signed up for this promo. It says you would lose that promo data if you go below $35. But one never knows. Strange things happen around here.

Edit: the promo says if above $35 it stays.

BrentP

BrentP

I don't recall what the promotion was.  But my promotion is 1g and i thought the speed for that was 4g. But i was so happy to cut my bill from $100 to $35 I didn't write it down.  I thought it would state it more clearly.  Screenshot_20200208-130123_Chrome.jpg

@BrentP What promotion did you sign up with? It looks like you have a monthly  1.5 gigs at 3g speed, an additional monthly 1 gig at unlimited speed for a total of 2.5 gigs monthly. Plus the 1gig Christmas bonus.

BrentP

Screenshot_20200208-123615_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200208-123047_Chrome.jpg

@BrentP . Was this the Christmas 1 gig bonus Gift? If it was , you keep it. If it's a different bonus, you have to check the fine print that it was offered under. 

@BrentP wrote:

If i change my plan to the new $40  4gig plan would i lose the promotion 1 gig bonus that it's reoccurring. 

BrentP

If i change my plan to the new $40  4gig plan would i lose the promotion 1 gig bonus that it's reoccurring. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@BrentP 

You may still have the holiday gift 1 gig add-on.

It will not expire at the end of the cycle, bit if will not renew. It will sit there until you use it up.

There were couple of promotions one with 1g another with 2g reoccurring data. The 2g will show up as 2g not as two 1g, so you probably have 2.5g per cycle

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@BrentP your data that expires monthly is 2.5.gigs. And you have a gig of  promotional data that stays until used up. So based on the information provided below, your data as of your post , you have 3.5 gigs in total. What plan are you on? And which promotion did you sign up with?

@BrentP wrote:

In my paid plan. I have 1.5 plus an extra one gig. Then there's a separate box in my profile that says my promotion. Which state I have another gig? Is my total 2.5 gigs or 3.5 gigs of data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrentP wrote:

Post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

I'm going to guess it's another place to display it and that you have 2.5. But I would need to see what you have.

Need Help? Let's chat.