cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Up Not Working

averyhorsman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I made an online payment with my debit Visa for a $40 plan. I rebooted my phone three times total and it's not working. Please help

15 REPLIES 15

@averyhorsman if you need to contact the moderator because nothing works..here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain with a lot of details what happened and what you tried...The waiting time is few hours to 2 days...Patience..

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alex888 wrote:
@mimmoI was just asking him because it had sounded like he may have manually added $40 from his credit card onto his account, so it wouldn't have included the tax.

@Alex888  there is no way to add funds pre tax, if you manually add $40 via selfserve  your creditcard is charged 40$+tax. 

the only way taxes could ever come into the equasion is if you deduct your tax rate from the anmout being paid.  example in self serve pay 36, but your cc would show a $40 charge because of the added taxes.

@Alex888 wrote:
@mimmoI was just asking him because it had sounded like he may have manually added $40 from his credit card onto his account, so it wouldn't have included the tax.

@Alex888, as @mimmo has just explained, there is no way to not pay the tax.  It's automatically charged when a payment is made, no matter how it is processed.

Please stop providing incorrect information.  If you have questions, please research, or ask directly if you're unsure.

@mimmoI was just asking him because it had sounded like he may have manually added $40 from his credit/debit card onto his account, so it wouldn't have included the tax.

mimmo

@averyhorsman  if payment history shows a payment and your phone is not working, (which is what your first post implied)  and you have tried both the lost stolen trick and the 1$ trick I would contact the mods.

If you are unable to make a payment then, I would buy a voucher from recharge.com and top up that way. (getting confudes because you say you have money in account, which implies payment did not go through)

could you post a screenshot of your payment history?

mimmo

@Alex888  all prices are pre tax, so if someone tops up with $40 they are charged $40+ tax.  if they buy a $40 vocuher they are charged tax at time of purchase.  so no matter which scenario tax has been paid no matter which method is used.

@Alex888 wrote:
If it's still not working try adding $1 more to your account. Did you make sure to cover the tax on top of the cost of your plan? It doesn't display the total online.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@averyhorsmanIs your account status currently active?

If the payment has gone through, but your phone not working can be taken as many different things, can you please be more specific about what is not working. Calls? Data? SMS? Are you connected to the public mobile network? Or is the screen just black and you can't even see the phones operating system?

Do you have another phone to try your sim card in?

Does your account history show the payment?

It happened regularly...Smiley Frustrated That's why it's better to have always funds in your available funds BEFORE the renewal date..just in case..

averyhorsman

Yes, the tax was covered as well. I still have money in my bank account.. it doesnt make sense I did everything the same way I do it every other time 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If it's still not working try adding $1 more to your account. Did you make sure to cover the tax on top of the cost of your plan? It doesn't display the total online.

Great happy for you!! Sometimes the site is finicky!!!Smiley Frustrated

averyhorsman

Thanks, I'll try that now. 

averyhorsman

The payment went through. It shows I have to pay again March 22, 2019. Visa debit info matches my name and address on here. Never happened to me before, I always use this card! I dont get why it still doesnt work. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @averyhorsman 

Can you tell us what was the exact  message? Is it a card with your SAME name and address??

Did you try a different browser or in private incognito mode?

Need Help? Let's chat.