cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toll free call

bacardi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to place a call to 844 number from 514 area.

I received the message that I don't hava an active long distance addon. I should not reqire one. 

Could you help me understand why this is happening?

20 REPLIES 20

lisamarie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have this same issue with a 1-833-997-5337 toll free number. It's actually my own business number and it's toll-free for Canada and the USA. I am dialing it from Toronto. I don't think I need to buy extra add-ons to call this number? 

@Mary_M, please help?

Thanks,
lisa

johnsolo

I am also having this problem with 1-833 toll free numbers, could this be fixed too?

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks for the help, amazing as always.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Rockdaddy22

Of course I could help her! Can you please send me her phone number via private message?

Thank you!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
@Mary_M could you help my girlfriend with this issue if I give you her number? JeremyM helped me with this issue last month.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @manas

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this as well. It is actually a known issue and we are working on it.

We do have a work around for this, a temporary but effective solution until the technicians resolve it, can you please send me your phone number via private message?

Thanks!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

manas

I just tried HP Enterprise Support at 18448063425.

Unable to get through. Please fix this.

2nd thread I've seen about this.

Rockdaddy22
It's for everybody I believe not just this member.

Kenza_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @janet_e_ruderma,

Sorry about this issue!

Please private message your phone number so I can take a look at what is going on.

Thank you,

Kenza

Rockdaddy22
Hopefully we can get this fixed as soon as possible.

janet_e_ruderma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was also unable to make a toll free call to a 1-844 number. Please help.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rockdaddy22

That's weird. I never had any problem with 800 toll free numbers. I wonder what's the problem behind it?

@Martin wrote:

Hi 778,

I agree with you that the likely cause is imperfect programming.

The rationale for my post was to add a counter-argument to the above, so that both explanations could be considered.

Excepting very unusual circumstances, I reject absolutes.

Agreed.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi 778,

I agree with you that the likely cause is imperfect programming.

The rationale for my post was to add a counter-argument to the above, so that both explanations could be considered.

Excepting very unusual circumstances, I reject absolutes.

@Martin Thanks for sharing your experience with this. However, I suspect that this has more to do with PM's sometimes imperfect programming of area codes, since the 844 area code has been around for a couple years now (introduced on December 7, 2013). Moreover, there have been a couple other threads created recently with customers on provincial calling plans not being able to dial some numbers within their own local calling area.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

With regard to not being able to call a relatively new toll-free number, such as 1-844, it's not particular to Public Mobile.

I used to be a Sprint Canada customer with traditional landline telephone service. I had clients throughout the USA. When the 951 area code was introduced in California, I used to receive an automated operator intercept message that I should check my number and try again. I was forced to place calls through the operator, for several weeks, before the telephone systems were programmed to recognize 951 area code numbers as valid.

FYI.

imm1304

@Tamar_S to the rescue in minutes!  This will get sorted soon enough 🙂

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That is very peculiar, I haven't had this issue yet with toll free numbers. @Rockdaddy22, were you able to resolve the issue when it happened to you in the past? If this is a systemic concern, rather than isolated, hopefully it can be addressed soon.

Rockdaddy22
I also had this problem a couple months ago, it seems PM doesn't recognize some 800 numbers as toll free.

Tamar_S
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@bacardi

Hello Dear!

I’m sorry to hear that you are not able to use your service.

Please view your private message so that we can assist you.

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.