cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told I need a long distance add-on?!?

letscancelwinte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I have Canada wide calling and yet when I try to make a call from the Maskwacis Reserve north of Ponoka (Alberta) I'm told that I don't have a long distance plan and to call 611 to buy an add on. Not very helpful when I was stuck in the snow with a bunch of small kids on the Reserve last night. This isn't the first time I've gotten this message. It happens even when I'm trying to make a local call to a place I'm only 3 kilometers away from on the Reserve. Can you help me?

45 REPLIES 45

letscancelwinte

What is the difference between "Reply" and "Quick Reply"

@letscancelwinte wrote:

• @PAULRANG18 wrote:

Very likely that all plan minutes have been consumed. The 5.00, 500 minute add on is an excellent deal.

I have an unlimited Canada wide calling plan

You shouldn't be having any problems making calls, but maybe try powering off your phone, removing the the SIM, wait 5 mins and re-insert SIM and restart the phone.  This may help to reset the account.  It's probaly a good idea to add +1 in front of the numbers you are calling too as already suggested.

letscancelwinte

@dabr wrote:

@letscancelwinte wrote:

Question: When I make a reply to someone who has responded to me, is that reply seen by just that person, or by everyone who has responded to me? I'm having a hard time following the different threads and when I reply I don't see my response in that person's thread. 

@letscancelwinte  Your responses on the community forum can be seen by everyone here, unless you receive/respond via the private message (envelope icon) then only you and the other party can view those messages.

Why can't I see my responses in that thread? I just replied "Thanks" to you but I can't see that in the thread to confirm that you got it. 

letscancelwinte

Thanks!

@dabr wrote:

@letscancelwinte wrote:

Question: When I make a reply to someone who has responded to me, is that reply seen by just that person, or by everyone who has responded to me? I'm having a hard time following the different threads and when I reply I don't see my response in that person's thread. 

@letscancelwinte  Your responses on the community forum can be seen by everyone here, unless you receive/respond via the private message (envelope icon) then only you and the other party can view those messages.

letscancelwinte

• @PAULRANG18 wrote:

Very likely that all plan minutes have been consumed. The 5.00, 500 minute add on is an excellent deal.

I have an unlimited Canada wide calling plan

letscancelwinte

@letscancelwinte wrote:

letscancelwinte

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

letscancelwinte

True

@letscancelwinte wrote:

Hi! I have Canada wide calling and yet when I try to make a call from the Maskwacis Reserve north of Ponoka (Alberta) I'm told that I don't have a long distance plan and to call 611 to buy an add on. Not very helpful when I was stuck in the snow with a bunch of small kids on the Reserve last night. This isn't the first time I've gotten this message. It happens even when I'm trying to make a local call to a place I'm only 3 kilometers away from on the Reserve. Can you help me?

This shouldn't happen, but I would say that it might be worthwhile to check if Google Hangouts is setup properly to make outgoing calls. If it is, you would be able to make outgoing calls to regular pone numbers by using any internet conection.

@Luddite wrote:

@letscancelwinte If you have the $15 plan you may have used your outbound calling allowance. Login to your account, confirm it is Active, scroll down to Pans & add-ons and see if you have minutes left.

And to expand on that a bit - IF you are on that plan and don't have any minutes left, the $5/500 minutes add-on would be the ideal solution, since those minutes rollover each month, and don't expire 'til you use 'em all.

As future/current backup, get the Textnow app for free calling/texting on wifi.

Not that that would've helped last night, though.....

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@letscancelwinte If you have the $15 plan you may have used your outbound calling allowance. Login to your account, confirm it is Active, scroll down to Plans & add-ons and see if you have minutes left.

If that is all good, or you have a $25+ plan, contact the moderators. To get a ticket click https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question into SIMon.  Follow/invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

As future/current backup, get the Textnow app for free calling/texting on wifi.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried dialing a 1 before the area code + phone# ?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Which plan are you using? Can you confirm on Self Serve?

Need Help? Let's chat.