cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of switching to PM but what happened to the promos?

Saudor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is there actually no promos at all going on for black friday? the plans look very similar to the competitors except that PM is 3G and the others are LTE. 

I take if i switch now, im going to screw myself over and not be eligible for any promos right since those almost always tend to be new customers only. 

10 REPLIES 10

@Saudor  PM will probably offer the Quebec promos on black Friday 🤞

speedtest 3g.jpeg

speedtest lte.jpeg

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Saudor wrote:

Thanks, ill do that. 

@popping i saw that promo after the fact on the forums but seems kinda weak

@Helpershelper yeah 2gb is my sweet spot. Im not too worried about speed since i actually disable LTE and stay on 3G even with my current provider. I'm just surprised PM doesn't have any good promos especially when the other 3 are doing so. the $25-30 plans look good but i'd hate to sign up now and then miss out on the deals that will inevitably show up right after i sign up lol

On another note, does anyone know if PM has 3G fallback? I know it's some kind of LTE "lite" but at 3G speeds, but does it have an actual 3G network? I tend to stick my phone to 3G when LTE is low as it would otherwise chew through battery life. 

Agree.  All PM promotions this year are similar to the last week promotion which requires people to supply email address within 2 - 3 days and activate with the supplied email address within 2 weeks later.  Not much you can do until PM has a better promo.

PM support both 3G and LTE signals.  PM voice call is using 3G signal.  In order to use PM service, the phone must support 3G.  Otherwise, you don't get voice call and text.  Actually, the 3G speed is greater than 3Mbps.

London Drugs apparently has a good PM promo right now.

You could wait until PM launches some kind of promo - more accurately, whenever PM reponds to some kind of Lucky/Chatr/Freedom promo - whenever that may be. Promos always target "new customers only". Existing customers might get gifts instead.

Or you could not wait if PM's offerings already cost less than whatever you might pay somewhere else. Why hold out to save an extra twenty bucks if standard prices will already start saving you twenty bucks a month right away?

Saudor
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks, ill do that. 

@popping i saw that promo after the fact on the forums but seems kinda weak

@Helpershelper yeah 2gb is my sweet spot. Im not too worried about speed since i actually disable LTE and stay on 3G even with my current provider. I'm just surprised PM doesn't have any good promos especially when the other 3 are doing so. the $25-30 plans look good but i'd hate to sign up now and then miss out on the deals that will inevitably show up right after i sign up lol

On another note, does anyone know if PM has 3G fallback? I know it's some kind of LTE "lite" but at 3G speeds, but does it have an actual 3G network? I tend to stick my phone to 3G when LTE is low as it would otherwise chew through battery life. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Saudor 

A wise person once said,

"Good things come to those who wait."

I am personally awaiting a plethora of new activation deals in the upcoming week.  C'mon folks, if we will it to happen, maybe it will.....

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Saudor 

If I was you I would wait.

Come back often

You can also signup for alerts, but announcement section in community usually has all of them for general public and new users.

You could save 60+ and have some extra gifts

Welcome to Publicmobile

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Saudor wrote:

Is there actually no promos at all going on for black friday? the plans look very similar to the competitors except that PM is 3G and the others are LTE. 

I take if i switch now, im going to screw myself over and not be eligible for any promos right since those almost always tend to be new customers only. 

The current promo is to get customers to switch to Koodo. Public Mobile sent a message to some customers offering them credits to swtich.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Saudor 

I can understand your frustration with this. I regularly compare plans and for the majority who are at home all day with free Wi-Fi, they need maybe 1-2 GB a month. PM is better able to compete with this data segment offering the lowest price. I used to pay in the $40 range, but I didn't need all that data. The savings here are so good that I doubt I'll ever leave. Also, keep in mind that the towers are regular 4G/LTE with a bit slower speed. I don't notice a difference really unless I constantly run speed tests. The savings you get by immediately switching will be more than a random promo.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Most promos are for new customers.

You could sign up to receive notifications.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Saudor 

IIRC, there was a promo last weekend to signup with email address and activate with a couple of weeks.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-a-1GB-bonus-for-6-months...

Need Help? Let's chat.