cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The renew of a canadian add-on

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

As written in a different subject, I bought an add-on 200 Mb BEFORE the old one was finihed and the system let me buy it. But when I went back on my account I saw that the first one which was about 110 Mb left has disapeared and it was the only one 200 Mb who stayed... not 200+110=310 Mb. And that's the message that the mods send me: in french...

Hello Isabelle, Thank you for contacting us today, my name is Khaled and I will be happy to answer you. On the current system, we can not block  a new purchase of data as long as there is data in its option, but I will have the pleasure of forwarding this suggestion to my supervisor for review.   In response to your question: you can stack different data options, this is possible, but I would suggest that you buy the data options after you have consumed all your data, this avoids the problems of the system.

@mimmo @wetcoaster @Anonymous  just to finish with the conversation starts earlierSmiley heureux

19 REPLIES 19

Yes they did!! @mimmo

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux great to know. Glad you got to the bottom of it.  Hopefully they provided you with some data credit

@will13am @Anonymous @mimmo @NDesai @Luddite...just to let you know the end of the story I received this answer for my problem with adds-on that have not accumulated....

If, I can afford to ask, can I give examples of people who could make such a transaction without encountering difficulties? Presenting, saying that there have been changes in your account, I can really check and see what happened.

I know that if I make the transaction on my side, I can indeed as much as possible. This should not be displayed as many times, but the amount of data will be accumulated to reflect the number purchased.

So it was a BUG with my account...Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo, @will13am

So the next morning...

Why I wrote "finally managed" about the vouchers is because using my cc or my Paypal account didn't work. The bank said something about the address. Sound familiar? 🙂 (still doesn't explain Paypal but anyway) So I gave up after many tries of different variations and having the bank reset my account twice.

I sent a support request. 24-48 hour response time. Sound familiar? 🙂 They replied back with try a different browser and clear cache/cookies and a different card etc. Sound familiar? 🙂 They also gave me a discount link.

But I forgot to use it last night :(. So this morning I used it and the time-delay-test question is also answered. Yes.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lieux, @mimmo, @Luddite, @will13am, @wetcoaster

So I decided what the hey...test 2 things in one testing session.

1. recharge.com: I finally managed to buy vouchers. As others have reported, it seems you can only buy two back to back. Probably a security thing. So that is indeed a limitation for 90 day people.

2. stacking Canada add-ons: I had 136 used of the 200 mb data add-on. Buying the add-on while the same one was still valid made it 0 used of 264mb. Which of course makes... 64 remaining from before plus the new 200. So they stack.

For #2, this has been exactly what I experieced applying a second add-on is when an existing add-on is not totally consumed. 

Yes for sure I will contact them and try to know why it was the case for me and why they answer me like they did...::smiley-frustrated....I will give you an edited post!!!!! @mimmo

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymousgreat to know.  @Lieux   you might want to contact the mod team and ask them to clarify what happened in your case and why you were given incorrect information.

what do you mean two vouchers back to back? ie you cant buy 3 ?  would spacing  them out over an hour work?  possibly use a different email address ?

I meant back to back as another purchase shortly after the first one. I got a failed purchase for a third attempt.

Time delay may work I don't know. I was wanting to test like Plan Expired or suspension and needing service back running like now and not wanting to wait.

I used Paypal so a different email address on their site probably wouldn't change anything. If you have multiple email addresses linked to your Paypal account I suppose that's worth a test. But I've spent enough real money for now. 🙂

mimmo

@Anonymousgreat to know.  @Lieux   you might want to contact the mod team and ask them to clarify what happened in your case and why you were given incorrect information.

what do you mean two vouchers back to back? ie you cant buy 3 ?  would spacing  them out over an hour work?  possibly use a different email address ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lieux, @mimmo, @Luddite, @will13am, @wetcoaster

So I decided what the hey...test 2 things in one testing session.

1. recharge.com: I finally managed to buy vouchers. As others have reported, it seems you can only buy two back to back. Probably a security thing. So that is indeed a limitation for 90 day people.

2. stacking Canada add-ons: I had 136 used of the 200 mb data add-on. Buying the add-on while the same one was still valid made it 0 used of 264mb. Which of course makes... 64 remaining from before plus the new 200. So they stack.

@mimmo wrote:

@NDesai I tagged the moderator_team should that not get their attention?

It's a hit and miss most of the time. If they had one dedicated mod to just reply in the community, it would help. 

mimmo

@NDesai I tagged the moderator_team should that not get their attention?

@Lieux wrote:

With all your reply I think my case was an isolated case????

We will get in touch with the team, and let see what they say. 

With all your reply I think my case was an isolated case????

Yes I know that @Luddite but it was not my case. I had left 110 Mb not used ...and it has disappeared when I pay for the same add-on 200  Mb...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Lieux That "first" 110meg has been used up. I too have two 1 Gig add-ons and one is half used, the other full.

When an add-on is no longer visible under My Data & add-ons it has been used up.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Wow, this is definitely a new development if there has been a change in how add-ons work.  The Canadian add-ons which don't have an expiry stack.  I have stacking minutes.  I bought more before the previous batch went to zero so I can have a reasonable length coversation without having the call cut out.  The US add-ons which have 10 expiry work differently.  It would be important to know exactly how things work now if there has indeed been a change. 

@mimmo @NDesai What I read here is different what I experienced last week...RECENT EXPERIENCE..Perhaps it was a bug..but the moderator didn't seem surprising and said that  he will forwarding my suggestion to block any purchase of another same add-on to his supervisor for review ...so...??

mimmo

@Lieux I am not sure why our experiences were different. 

My understanding  was two 200mb add-ons= 400mb of data.

Hopefully someone with some more recent experience can give their input. 

The second addon should not cancel the first because you paid for both.  It does not make sense.

@CS_Agent are you able to chime in here.

If I have 100mb left in my 200mb addon will buying a second 200 mb addon give me 300mb or 200mb(canceling the first)?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Lieux Uhmm, not sure what changed. But i still have 2x 1GB add-on in my account and it shows i have 2048MB left to use. 

Need Help? Let's chat.