cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The number you have dialled is in a number range that has been blocked for security reasons.

HammerCraig
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is the message I get when trying to call the London number for British Airways. It is the only number they provide for dealing with refunds. I have already added the international calling add-on so that is not the issue. The message says to call *611 and speak to Telus if there are any questions but of course if I call *611 I don't get Telus since I have Public. Any ideas before I reach out to a moderator?

10 REPLIES 10

"Welcome to British Airway..."

it works for me.

Antoine-A
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any updates about this, were you able to resolve this?

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Would 877-767-7970 work?

Listed on a BA page for "North American refund requests"

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us/information/help-and-contacts/north-america-refund-requests

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @HammerCraig!

Please send us a private message so we can look into what is happening.

Public Mobile Team

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@HammerCraig  Best to submit a ticket to PM for investigation. It could be that Telus is incorrectly blocking that number.

@HammerCraig 

I did a quick google search for Telus blocking certain numbers.  Sometimes it is due to security reasons and fraudulent issues.  Some long distance calls also charge extra premium fees.  

If above suggestions don't help, you will need to contact moderator to get that specific number unblocked.  

https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/blocked-for-security-reasons-7793185

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

TextNow gives you free Canadian number and free calls to Canada USA and UK

Give it a try

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@HammerCraig  if the above fails, add the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make the call. Currently its free to England. Stay safe.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your self serve account under data and add-ons to make sure international calling has been added.  When calling make sure to dial

dial 011 + 44 + phone# 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Perhaps test whether it is specific to PM by calling from a landline, or another carrier. 
Try checking the BA site for a local, say London, number instead. 
I know some UK numbers charge back fees to the cell carrier, but PM is only prepaid. 

Need Help? Let's chat.