cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The actual Koodo offer

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

As reported by a customer, Canada wide calling is included. Another customer reported that signing up for an actual tab purchase was not required. 

Koodo offer 2018.pdf.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
16 REPLIES 16

@Luddite Thanks, I jut received a message and I just saw the announcement as well. 

@zhadj030wrote:

Sorry @Luddite I just meant more info on this mess. I see a mod that showed up and offereed a bit more info. 

How do you guys see the plan? do I need to sign to anything or what ?

@zhadj030 Hopefully you've see Dave_M's announcement that the price increase has been cancelled but you may take the Koodo offer if you wish. So it's Koodo's 4 GB/month with texting & Canada wide calling without call forwarding VS your current PM plan. 

Sorry @Luddite I just meant more info on this mess. I see a mod that showed up and offereed a bit more info. 

How do you guys see the plan? do I need to sign to anything or what ?

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So calling is only free from 5pm to 8am weekdays and on weekends, otherwise you have to pay? 

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I feel like if you talk to a Koodo rep at their kiosk, they might be willing to work out some strings (ie. truly unlimited calling, or throwing in a SIM card) when you try to voice your dissatisfaction. The online website was more than likely half ass put together with the intention of ripping people off and getting them to switch to a tab and therefore a higher cost plan.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey everyone,

I have flagged this earlier today - it is being looked into and should be corrected shortly. You do not need a tab to redeem the offer. You should be able to proceed without selecting a tab on the website regardless. 

I really apologize about the confusion, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

ute1978

@Luddite

Those are the conditions when you chose to switch:

Spoiler

1. Roaming rates apply outside of Canada. Included data does not roll over at the end of each month.

2. Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply depending on picture size when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphone with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on.

3. Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday.

4. Rate plan available for Manitoba and Saskatchewan residents with Manitoba & Saskatchewan area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location.

5. Rate plan available for Quebec residents with Quebec area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location.

6. Calls must be made and completed within Canada. Applies to calls made between phones on the same account.

@ute1978 Really frustrating then. That pic came from another customer, so it seems the Koodo website is malfunctioning.

ute1978

@Ludditewrote:

@zhadj030wrote:

@Luddite Can you please push a bit to see if we can get the actual deal from Koodo from a mod or who ever behond this change, all kind of details are flying by about the deal from Koodo

Anyone wondering about the nitty gritty can login to Koodo and check it out using their phone number and the code in the text. I cannot as I am on a $90 90 day plan.

@LudditeI tried with my number and I get the same nitty gritty about the promo as @ceecee.

@zhadj030wrote:

@Luddite Can you please push a bit to see if we can get the actual deal from Koodo from a mod or who ever behond this change, all kind of details are flying by about the deal from Koodo

Sorry @zhadj030 it's way too frustrating to do any more "pushing". Given that it's 3 pm I now expect no formal postings by PM until next week, if ever. Especially given that the Koodo offer is open only to a select few (many?) customers. Telus clearly thinks anyone getting such great deals should be post-paid; PM was not allowed to offer that $60 for 10 gb deal.

Anyone wondering about the nitty gritty can login to Koodo and check it out using their phone number and the code in the text. I cannot as I am on a $90 90 day plan.

ute1978

@Xevynwrote:

This is another reason why I won't be switching...providing clear and detailed information would go a long way to help members make an informed decision on whether to switch or not.  

@zhadj030wrote:

Well, you will find out that you are screwed after you switched....

Xevyn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is another reason why I won't be switching...providing clear and detailed information would go a long way to help members make an informed decision on whether to switch or not.  

@zhadj030wrote:

ceecee

I hope that is true, but another user made a post stating that a Koodo employee told him/her that it is indeed unlimited from 5pm-8am only and they will need to downgrade to the $40 for 2GB for true unlimited anytime minutes.  So until someone from either Koodo or Public Mobile clarifies this we won't really know.  They're not making it easy to find clear cut information on this plan.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Seems like point #3 only applies to the $30 per month no tab plan with 500 minutes and unlimited messaging with pay per use data.

Koodo_LI.jpg 

ceecee

I don't know why your screenshot doesn't include their "nitty gritty" tab but mine does and under #3, it looks like unlimited canada wide calling isn't so unlimited after all.  Looks like we will have to pay $0.50 per additional minute or airtime between 8am to 5pm Mon-Fri.

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 11.38.29 AM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.