cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Voicemail of the $10 plan

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

I am completely aware that checking voicemail from that $10 plan phone deducts in-plan minutes.

Can someone confirm if checking voicemail from other phone (by calling that that $10 plan phone# and press '*') also deducts minutes, or not?

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

You can also get around using minutes with the call forward trick Cat Wink

Works no issues with sending or retrieving voicemails

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

I can only speak for the 10 dollar plan but yes they do  charge when someone calls your voicemail at least they are with mine it seems anytime someone calls trying to sell ya something or tell you your in trouble with the taxman haha you are charged minutes, very annoying

There are two places that show calls:

1. the overview page

2. the usage pages

The first one is the one that reflects your consumption. You should not see that number increment when someone leaves you a voicemail message. You *will* see the record of the call in the usage pages.

This may not be written, declared policy...but it is reality.

I can only speak for the 10 dollar plan but yes they do  charge when someone calls your voicemail at least they are with mine it seems anytime someone calls trying to sell ya something or tell you your in trouble with the taxman haha you are charged minutes, very annoying

lightcycle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No, the FAQ is unclear. You use minutes in your plan if you are calling from your mobile phone and you leave a voicemail on someone else's mailbox.

If someone is calling your mobile phone, and you don't pick up and it goes to voicemail, your minutes on your own plan do not get used.

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you for your reply.

One more question.

According to this post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te... , so if people call me and leave a message, it will deduct my minutes, correct?

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From experience it doesn't and that is how I used to go around that when I was on limited voice plan back in the dayz

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @drsiha, Calling in to check your voicemail from a land line, or another phone of any kind does not use your plan minutes.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.