cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Offerings PM just announced, Should the CRTC get involved to straighten this out?

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

The Latest offering PM just announced, I think it was, though the Gesture was well intended, I think it was the wrong approach, PPL might take this the wrong way and that I persanally FEAR that this might Backfire, and lead to PM being Shuttered Permanently, which I fear might force PPL Currently on PM Plans out into the Harsh Cold.

PPL have been very Vocal, and expressed their Opinions that this is the Nightmare Scenario that they were dreading.

IF the CRTC were to get involved, what Changes or what would you want the CRTC to do about this?

9 REPLIES 9

banjochow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Strategy prepared: Going to Fido

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Why should the CRTC get involved?  Is PM violating any laws?  Are they breaking any regulations?  No?  They just introduced some plans that you don't like?  I'm not a big "keep the government out of private businesses" guy, but I also don't think we need to get government intervention every single time a company does something that's not the best for consumers.

Personally, I don't think these plans are very good, and I'm certainly not going to be recommending PM to anybody new in the future, but I'm not going to go crying to the government to bring back the old plans that I like.  

You wanna bitch to the government about something?  Go bitch at them for how the big three offer ridiculously cheap prices in provinces where there's strong local competitors (SK, MB, QC), but then gouge us in provinces where there isn't.  THAT is something the government should be looking at, not a company that decided to try a new marketing gimmick by offering separate 3G and LTE plans.

PS - you *really* didn't need to create multiple threads to tell everybody how much you don't like the new plans.  A single thread would have sufficed.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I may not be in favour of  the 3g plans but I don't see what the CRTC or a complaint for that matter can really do.  PM either

• thinks they see a way to offer something different or
  • were told by telus not to compete with koodo /telus/bell/virgin/fido and rogers and focus their attention to chatr

and people have been buying the new 3g plans so there is some demand.  how much though is yet to be seem. 

as for the increase in lte plans well i think it obious they want people to go to koodo.  

telus can now has the same offerings as rogers and competes on all three tiers: rogers/fido/chatr.  especailly now that sim cards are available at wow mobile.

I Think PM(Telus) needs to heavily reconsider these Obtuse changes, DITCH the 3G Plans in it's entirety, and ACTUALLY TWEAK the 4G Plans more, That's the Solution

The 3G Plans ARE 110% NOT the Solution

The 3G Plans ARE THE PROBLEM

@makkahn28 I am not saying the CRTC should not hear about this, I am just hightly doubtful that they would do something or act on it. But sure I am not fully aware of what other things that the CRTC can aknowledge , but if they do accept looking at those complaints then I don't see why the community shouldn't go complain.
Also we are complaining in a very civil way, we have a great deal of respect to other community members and employees and you can see that no one here is blaming any employee or mod by name, they are just employees and they don't have a saying in this . So yes we have a hug constructive criticism (properly worded) and we are all following the rules, this is how these great discussions is carried out. Those sudden prices changes à la Telus makes you think that you are on a premium brand with new phones and full services while none of that is actually true

Just curious: I'm trying to form a Complaint to the CRTC on this

BUT, Though I have NO Reason myself as my Plan is decent enough, I am concerned for my Fellow PPL who may wish to Join and discover the Daunting issues, and Might feel very sick to their stomachs on these Obtuse Changes, I am trying to be very Diplomatic and NOT meaning ANY Disrespect or Ill-Will, PM has been very good to me, BUT the Changes that they Just announced has generated SEVERE Doubt, and I can't in good Conscience stand by and let such an Injustice take place. Perhaps I have too MUCH Good and a Big Heart, BUT I do Care for the fairness

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think the crtc should get involved if pm tries to force plan changes. 

I have to Disagree.

The CRTC should be Cracking Down on such practices like what PM just unveiled.

W/O such, We might end up seeing a completely OoC(Out of Control) ailment that might shatter the Consummer's confidence. 

2 Tier Systems should NOT be allowed to Exist like this, In My Own Opinion.

The Fee difference PM unveiled might give PPL too much concern, too much heartburn, It might create or generate doubt.

This might be ONE of the BIGGEST decisions a Gov Watchdog should make to ensure that PPL have Confidence, and ensure fairness, and ensure that Fees don't become a Runnawy train. The current situation could have SEVERE Rammifications for everyone down the Pipeline

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
It's the CRTC , and it is Canada. It will not do anything and won't even bother looking at it. Everyone at this point should prepare an exit strategy. None the less I keep hope that something might happen or someone says something
Need Help? Let's chat.