cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New $25 Promotion Raises Questions About Other Plans

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This new plan is definitely an aggressive move by PM, and it's bound to attract plenty of new customers. People have been waiting for a plan similar to this for a long time, and I consider this to be very similar to the Fall Promo, in terms of the amount of attention it'll bring to the brand.

Because of this new plan, the lower priced tiers don't seem too attractive, and I'm wondering how much further PM would be willing to push them.

The old $25 plan is completely pointless now, and there's no reason why anybody would choose that, over the current plan. I suspect that they are going to scrap it from the website, but just haven't gotten around to it yet. That, or this new plan isn't going to be around for very long, and you better hop on it soon.

This also leaves room to discuss the $20 unlimited talk plan, and maybe the possibility of adjusting it.

$20 plan:

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

For just $5 more, you can get the new $25 plan:

Unlimited Canada-Wide Walk
International Text
1GB of Data

When you compare them, the $20 plan now appears to be extremely overpriced. I could easily see that plan being lowered to $15, which would allow you to use the old $25 plan, at the $20 price point now.

I guess it really depends how aggressive PM wants to be with their promotions, but if they did create a $15 Unlimited Province-Wide Talk plan, that would attract huge numbers, especially for older people that don't text or use data.

Agree or Disagree? Let me know 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

staticcory
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001c 

Yeah, I guess I didn't completely explain myself, and used a word poorly.

PM has not even called this a promo (according to their own announcement, or on the "Plans" page), so I probably should have used a different word. But it definitely appears like it's going to stay put, and PM's track record is pretty good with that.

A promo plan will (should) always make other plans look bad in direct comparisons

Otherwise what is the point in a promo?

@Dunkman wrote:

Personally, I would prefer:

$20 Plan with Provincial wide, international texts unlimited and 500 MB data would be nice.  

That plan or even unlimited calling and texting for $15 would deifnitely tempt some lower no or low data use customers.  I'm not sure if Public Mobile would be willing to offer these though.  I agree that $25 talk and text is pointless now.  I do wonder if we'll see something in between what people want and what is being offered now.

Barth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dunkman wrote:

$20 Plan with Provincial wide, international texts unlimited and 500 MB data would be nice.  

I would upgrade my plan for that.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.