cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting will not work (yesterday it was working)

caitl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

My texting does not work. It will not go through to people and I cannot get texts from others. My texting worked yesterday, but somehow it doesn't work today.

I think it is an account issue because when I tried logging into my account (took a very long time to load) and go to my plan details, it says "Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don't panic. Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page". I tried what it suggested, but it still does not work. 

Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

caitl

Good news everyone, my texting is now working.

It was definitely a glitch when the US roaming texting add-on expired. As suggested, after waiting 24 hours, the texting started working again.

Thanks everyone!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If you have US issues, that's likely it. But if you do not, try texting your own number. I used this simple fix a half dozen times with Telus in the past. Might work for PM too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  you were bang on. I could not remember if it was both or just the one and was curious. 

As for the lost stolen @ShawnC13  mentioned i too had a similar thought. And personally didn't recall if it would or wouldn't work. He also hedged his bets by using the word wondering. If you say it doesn't work I will take your word for it. 

lol And I hedged again by saying "I would have to imagine". I certainly don't know for sure. But for how long this bug has been around surely (don't call me Shirley) this has long since been known not to work. The lost/stolen trick has been around for a number of years too so it's not a new thing to try.

Edit: more hedging..."surely" 🙂

Edit: tried self-serve 10:00pm PT...no luck.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous  you were bang on. I could not remember if it was both or just the one and was curious. 

As for the lost stolen @ShawnC13  mentioned i too had a similar thought. And personally didn't recall if it would or wouldn't work. He also hedged his bets by using the word wondering. If you say it doesn't work I will take your word for it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I am wondering if the lost/stolen phone trick would work in these situations to maybe clear up what is provisioned to the sim by deactivating it and reactivating it

You've been here longer than I have and this has been asked about many times. I would have to imagine that that has long since been tried and ruled out as a workaround.

And there's the site at the moment....

Edit: although it worked just now 8:34PT

I am wondering if the lost/stolen phone trick would work in these situations to maybe clear up what is provisioned to the sim by deactivating it and reactivating it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

caitl

That is crazy. Okay, that is good to know. I will wait and also re-start my phone. I will definitely let you all know what happens (if it works or not). 

Thanks everyone! 🙂

@caitl wrote:

I did. I purchased a US roaming texting add-on for 10 days and it just expired today. My original phone plan already had North American wide texting.

That North American texting will only work whilst you're in Canada. The 10 Day US Roaming add-on is known to affect texting functionality once it expires..for a day or so.

@caitl wait 24 hours.. it is a known bug with US roaming packages.. go to bed and hopefully it will work when you get up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@caitl wrote:

I did. I purchased a US roaming texting add-on for 10 days and it just expired today. My original phone plan already had North American wide texting.

Then yes this is unfortunately a known bug that has been around for way too long.

Wait until after midnight ET (45 minutes now) and restart the phone and try. Please do report back your findings.

Edit: pooooossibly even after tomorrow midnight...depending...

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try cycling phone off/on again.

Try removing sim for a moment, then replace it and start phone again.

Let us know if anything helps.

caitl

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymous  is the USA texting bug for both incoming and outgoing?

@caitl what phone are you using? 

Either way...the OP is saying in or out.

As I always try to, I hedge my phrasing and in this case I used perchance.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous  is the USA texting bug for both incoming and outgoing?

@caitl what phone are you using? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@caitl wrote:

Hi, 

My texting does not work. It will not go through to people and I cannot get texts from others. My texting worked yesterday, but somehow it doesn't work today.

I think it is an account issue because when I tried logging into my account (took a very long time to load) and go to my plan details, it says "Oh no! It looks like something went wrong, but don't panic. Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page". I tried what it suggested, but it still does not work. 

Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

Did you perchance get a US texting add-on 10 days ago and use it?

There seem to be issues with the self-serve at the moment so there's not much to see there.

Need Help? Let's chat.