cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting not working on US add-on

jmagoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought the US add-on talk text and the data 250MB, my 10 days is going to expire tommorow, i have tried to text on plenty of occasions and  it did'nt work, everytime i text it says  that i may get charged, i send the message and i get no reply. Also my plan is (the 2016 3month promo with international text) why wouldnt i be able to text without an add-on?

14 REPLIES 14

jmagoo

I contacted a moderator for my texting problem in the US althought it was'nt fixed they offered me a partial reimbursement, i dont know what the cause is, but it is a known issue(i guess it could get quite technical) my moderator was curtious and efficient in handling my problem, it is a relief to know issues can  be looked at and fixed within our community.

Happy PM customer.

jmagoo

Thank you, i will contact a moderator.

OK In case there was something wrong with the add-on it mIght be worth a private message to any moderator ( @Mary_M for example) with your phone number and an explanation. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9 am(EST) to 9 pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9 am(EST) to 5:30 pm(EST).

Have a good trip home.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jmagoo

I guess we're out of luck, my add-on expired some time during the day i guess, i purchased it March 9, would think it would expire at midnight.

Just occurred to me that texting from USA to Canada requires 1 + the number; i.e. the full long distance code.

jmagoo

I sent you my number but my add-on might have expired

OK just sent a msg 

Don't think there are any SMS codes for Public Mobile.

Does calling & data work?

Double check your network settings: you often need to manually selected AT&T or T-Mobile.

If you wish to private message me your Public Mobile phone number I will send you a test msg & you can attempt a reply.

jmagoo

I have a Pixel XL and it works fine for texting in Canada but down in Florida it's not working with my add-on.

jmagoo

Maybe we can test with a number at public mobile? 

What is make/model of your phone? Someone may have some specific suggestions.

It's odd for calling & data to work but texting to fail.

jmagoo

I live in Montreal, now i'm in florida on vacation, i bought the us add-on for text and data i have tried texting for the past 10 days and it never worked... what is the problem and why pay for something that doesn't work?

Like mentioned above, the texting will only work if the text is sent within Canada 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The unlimited international text has to originate from the home network.  Are you connected to the roaming network when trying to text?  

Need Help? Let's chat.