cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting and Calling not working

scorcoran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've purchased a plan that has unlimited texting worldwide and calling between canada and U.S as well as purchased an add on for international calling, but none of it is working.

17 REPLIES 17

@sham12

That's enough private information to steal your daughter's phone number.  I'm not sure why someone would do that but I'm just saying that it could be done by porting it out to another provider.  I wouldn't be posting a phone number and account password here like that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sham12,  This is a public forum.  Please edit your message immediately and remove your private information.  you can do this by selecting your message and then clicking on the 3 little dots in the top right corner.

As for the problem with your daughter's phone, if the funds were in the account, and the auto-pay did not renew on her renewal date, then you need to send a private message to the moderator's team so that they can investigate the renewal problem.  Note that they are gone for the night, but will be back at 9AM(EST).

Click here to send them a private message.
You can find information regarding the moderators team by following this link.

sham12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

4*******5 my daughter number she has enough funds and on auto pay but the phone not worlrkin can u chk if she overusage plan plz renew her a plan pin ****

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello @, Sorry to hear about the trouble with the LD add-on.We will be glad to assist you with this matter. Can you please send us a private message using this link  Moderator_Team  along with your phone# and PIN#? Thank you!  

scorcoran

I'd like a refund on my international calling add on since it's still not working

@scorcoranwrote:

I already purchased the U.S. Roaming and international calling add on to my pre existing plan that has data, unlimited international text, and unlimited Canada to U.S. calling. I need this fixed ASAP as I am on a business trip and if it is not resolved quickly I will need to switch carriers right away.

Do you see those US roaming add-ons in your self-serve account. If yes, make sure you are on a US carrier's network. You can manually go into Network settings and select either AT&T or T-Mobile. If it still doesn't work, You will need to send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info so they will see what is wrong.

More info on contacting mods:

Spoiler
How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?If I do need Moderator assistance, what information should I provide?
    • Once the Community Moderator has responded to your private message, they will provide you with a secure link so they can authenticate your account information
    • In order to validate your account information, you will be asked for 1) Your account number and 2) Your PIN number
What are the Contact Support’s hours of operation?
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:00PM (EDT)

scorcoran

I already purchased the U.S. Roaming and international calling add on to my pre existing plan that has data, unlimited international text, and unlimited Canada to U.S. calling. I need this fixed ASAP as I am on a business trip and if it is not resolved quickly I will need to switch carriers right away.

scorcoran

I already purchased the US calling add on, yes I am in the states and my texting isn't working. I normally live in Canada I'm just on a business trip.

@scorcoranwrote:

So does that mean there's nothing that I can purchase that will allow me to call from the states? Also it still doesn't make sense that my texting doesn't work

To call from US, you need to purchase US roaming addon such as the US Talk only for $8 or a bundled add-on that includes talk. 

Are you in the US and your texting is not working? You need to provide more details on what add-ons you bought and what exactly is not working so we can assist you better.

scorcoran

So does that mean there's nothing that I can purchase that will allow me to call from the states? Also it still doesn't make sense that my texting doesn't work

Civic_E
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@scorcoranyou will be able to use data when you are in US. International calling package is meant for calls generated within Canada.

Correct me if i am wrong

scorcoran

My regular plan has unlimited international text, and calling between U.S. and Canada. Now I am travelling to the states and I bought an add on for roaming data and international calling.

scorcoran

I've been a client for a couple months and it has been working fine but now it randomely stopped

@scorcoranwrote:

It is not locked, the 4g works, just not calling or texting

How can you tell if your data is working? You said you activated with only Text and Canada & US wide talk. If you requested to port in your number during activation, check if your old sim is still working.

scorcoran

It is not locked, the 4g works, just not calling or texting

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@scorcoran Is your phone unlocked or locked to telus or koodo ? If yes, do you get any signal when you insert the sim in your phone?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@scorcoran, it looks like you might have encountered some sort of activation issue.  Please contact the moderator team and they will be able to assist with sorting out the account problems.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck and welcome to Public Mobile.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Need Help? Let's chat.