cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting Issues

lovetoswim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone XR and have a plan that includes unlimited international texting but I am unable to receive texts.

11 REPLIES 11

Consider trying this. 

To help get text messages working properly with your iPhone, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Scroll down a tap Messages.
  3. Tap iMessages to turn off, and then hold down the power button to turn off the device.
  4. After 10-15 Seconds, hold down the power button to turn back on device and go back to settings to turn on iMessage.
  5. Wait for 2 minutes until you have signal, and then retry the service.

lovetoswim

No I did not.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Ed404

@lovetoswim wrote:

Everything is set up as stated and it still does not work. 

Thanks.

Did texting work with your previous provider? Do you have another working sim card to test if texting works?

Here's an article that may assist you https://www.imobie.com/support/iphone-not-receiving-texts.htm

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lovetoswim  Did you just port your number in? If yes, you won't be able to receive texts until the port is 100% complete.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lovetoswim wrote:

I have an iPhone XR and have a plan that includes unlimited international texting but I am unable to receive texts.

@lovetoswim did you purchase a US Roaming 10-day Texting add-on about 10-11 days ago?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Ed404

@lovetoswim wrote:

Thanks.

Did texting work with your previous provider? Do you have another working sim card to test if texting works?

Here's an article that may assist you https://www.imobie.com/support/iphone-not-receiving-texts.htm

jor123

If you send a text to yourself do you receive it?

Ed404

@lovetoswim wrote:

Thanks.

lovetoswim

Thanks.

Ed404

I Googled it and found this:

An effective way of solving the texts message feature is by going to the Settings of your iPhone, then click on Messages, tap on Send & Receive. Click on the option ‘Use your Apple ID for iMessage’ and type in your Apple ID. You should also ensure that you have your Apple ID details and phone number registered under You Can Be Reached By iMessage. Go back to your iOS device, locate Settings, click on Messages and tap on Send & Receive.

Need Help? Let's chat.