cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not working

lachlan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, Three times in a row now I have lost my ability to receive text messages after getting a message pertaining to a US roaming add-on that I have purchased.  Any idea how to resolve this?

3 REPLIES 3

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I contacted mods several days ago to have them remove the addon before it expired, they removed it on the 9th day and incoming texts immediately stopped working. I tried the power cycle on the phone as recommended. I also tried @stonechucker toggling the lost phone but still nothing. I decided I'll just wait until the morning because it should be fixed overnight but no it still is not working on the 10th day. I replied to the mod to tell them the problem so I guess I'll wait for another 3 or 4 days for a response. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lachlan1 wrote:

Hello, Three times in a row now I have lost my ability to receive text messages after getting a message pertaining to a US roaming add-on that I have purchased.  Any idea how to resolve this?

@lachlan1 as noted by @stonechucker, this is a known issue that is guaranteed to happen to you literally every time you use the US Roaming Texting add-on (or any of the bundles which contain it).  The issue is, the add-on expires, but the system does not immediately remove it from your account, and during that period of time, the system is sufficiently confused so as to not be able to deliver you any incoming messages.  The worst part is, they are lost forever and you'll never know exactly what you missed.  The good news is that it should resolve itself within approx 12-24 hours.  Try rebooting your phone after 24 hours and have someone send you a test, it should come through.  Or, ask people to force delivery over MMS, as those, strangely, come through fine.

For fuuture use, if you're on a shorter trip than 10 days, here's what I recommend:  on the day you return to Canada, immediately send the moderator team a private message (more on that here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745) and proactively ask them to remove the US Roaming Texting add-on from your account.  They can be busy and take a few days to get to your request, so this may or may not end up working out for you, but if they can remove it prior to it every expiring, then you won't experience the issue.  I've done this before on short trips like weekends away in Seattle and so on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

So today is the 10th day, so the US Text addon is now expired, and as this is a known issue, it should reset on its own sometime today, but you can also private message the moderator_team account to have them manually (fully) remove the addon.

Suggested in the meantime, try using the LOST / FOUND toggle in the self-serve area, on Plans and Add-ons (I believe).  Toggle LOST on, sign out.  Wait 5 minutes, sign in, toggle LOST off.

This can reprovision your services properly and has been successful for many these past couple of months as it's been found to fix a number of issues as a side-effect of the actual functionality.

Need Help? Let's chat.