cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text not working unless I'm connected to wifi

mcclarksarah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $15 plan. I'm able to make phone calls anywhere, but I can only send or recieve text messages if I'm connected to a wifi network. Please help. I have used all of the data on my plan for this month, is that correlated? How? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mcclarksarah  You should still be able to send MMS (pics) even if you've used up your data. It's likely an iMessage issue, or if you're on Android you could have group chat on, which I believe requires a data/Wifi connection. Also, if you've recenlty ported your number there could be issues as it is completed.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mcclarksarah  do you mean all text messages ? Or mms ones? And did you port your number? 

@mcclarksarah wrote:

I have the $15 plan. I'm able to make phone calls anywhere, but I can only send or recieve text messages if I'm connected to a wifi network. Please help. I have used all of the data on my plan for this month, is that correlated? How? Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcclarksarah wrote:

I'm guessing you have an iphone and using iMessage. There's a setting in iMessage to also use SMS.

Edit: and yes if you're data is consumed then iMessage won't work without wifi.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@mcclarksarah  Any chance you're using an iPhone, and the iMessage app, rather than having SMS turned on, and using that?

Need Help? Let's chat.