Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text message charges

mooj1i
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello. i have the $10  pre paid plan which includes 50 text message

I am on Wifi . and cellular data is off

i have disabled SMS on my i phone setting also i have Imessage on . 

when i am sending i message ( which is going through Blue color ) as well as i message it is counting as a message send.

even so i just activated the number with SIm card. i have only send a total of 4 message which was i message but on my account it is showing i have used 9 /50 messaging

can someone clarify this or is this a billing mistake ?

thank you 

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

You won't see it in your phone. Go to your usage history in your self-serve account and you will see those texts went to the number that spells "iphone".

@NDesai  nice find!!!  It never occurred to me that the short code could spell iPhone, but you're 100% correct.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@TheGx wrote:

Hopefully plans here don't charge for receiving text messages when on plans without unlimited texting.

@TheGx 

Looks to me like nobody has reacted to your post...

Just to make sure that you understand how things work at Public Mobile:

- If your plan doesn't have the texting feature included you will not be able to receive incoming texts, period. If you need the ability to receive text messages (ie two way verifications) you need to choose a ready made plan that includes texting, or make sure that you include the texting feature if you use the plan builder (most often the plan cost stays the same or gets even cheaper due to bundle discounts for more than one choice!).

- Also, Public Mobile does NOT have any pay per use features. If it's not included in your plan or add-on, you can't use it. There are never any surprise charges.

Edit: Ninja'd by @Anonymous , again... 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheGx wrote:

Hopefully plans here don't charge for receiving text messages when on plans without unlimited texting.

@TheGx  incoming texts are unlimited (even on the $10  50/50 plan).

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@NDesai and @Lieux : those were very good "textplanations".  Someone I know has an iPhone and this will help when they come across this.

@mooj1i did you also put yourself on auto-pay?  It will bring your monthly plan down to $8 - that's a 20% saving for your plan!  Smiley Happy

mooj1i

thank you i see that on the account as you described. 

never knew it counts as a text . learned something new. 

No you can't see those texts @mooj1i ..just in your usage history you will see them as 474663...Don't worry they will stop...but you can ask the moderator for credit them...50 are not a lot...here..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days..be patient they will answer..Smiley Happy

@mooj1i wrote:

it is a new phone . and i never knew phone update sends text that counts . unless i am wrong.

i do not see a text being send from phone 

You won't see it in your phone. Go to your usage history in your self-serve account and you will see those texts went to the number that spells "iphone".

mooj1i

it is a new phone . and i never knew phone update sends text that counts . unless i am wrong.

i do not see a text being send from phone 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@mooj1i  Since you're using an iPhone, it is common that iPhone sends a few texts automatically to verify their services. But this is only once and should not reoccure unless you switch to another iPhone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.