cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text add ons?

joannjules
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone!  I switched to the $10 mth plan with 50 min of Canada wide talk (pls see my previous question...what does this mean?!) and 50 texts.  I can't seem to find a way to buy a text add on...does such a creature exist?  Thanks in advance!   🙂

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sunflowershine wrote:

Hi, there are free apps that you can download. I am using TextNow. As long as you have wifi, you can receive texts and send texts for free, even calls to Canada and US. 

@sunflowershine yes, though from a separate phone number to your usualy phone number.  This may or may not be an issue, but is worth pointing out.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi, there are free apps that you can download. I am using TextNow. As long as you have wifi, you can receive texts and send texts for free, even calls to Canada and US. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@joannjulesIt's not possible to get a text addon, but if you contact a moderator you can ask to have your plan renewed early so you can text. If that's what you choose to do make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover the payment then contact them here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@joannjules Since you don't want data have a look at fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada on wifi, AND also allows you to buy unlimited SMS monthly for about $3. It might be a useful adjunct to the $10 plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

joannjules
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks!  That answers my question perfectly.  I normally don't send more than 50 texts a month but there was a death in the family and I've gone through almost all of them dealing with that.  Will just have to go back to (horrors!) actually calling people, lol.  Thank you though, to all of you that answered.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Tried  out the $10 a month plan myself. Can see how it's a valuable minimalist plan, but ultimately had to fold as I was using up the outgoing text limit. I got the $30 plan with unlimited nation wide calling and international texting, plus some data. Would recommend upping to that one if texting/calling is important. Hope you can find a plan that suits your needs.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

No it isn’t no add-on for texts... but do you know that you have illimités incoming texts??? @joannjules... if you want more you will need another plan...Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joannjules- unfortunately, there is no text add-on.  You can add minutes by buying a LD add-on, but not texts.  If you need more texts, you would have to just up to another plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@joannjules wrote:

Hi everyone!  I switched to the $10 mth plan with 50 min of Canada wide talk (pls see my previous question...what does this mean?!) and 50 texts.  I can't seem to find a way to buy a text add on...does such a creature exist?  Thanks in advance!   🙂

The plan is unlimited incoming and 50 outbound texts. There are no texting add-ons. Realize that long missives will be split up into 160 character chunks and each count as a text.

Need Help? Let's chat.