cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text add on not working

Tigran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I purchased the text add on thinking it would be for canada as I have a data only plan only to learn that it seems to be a us roaming one.

Is these any possibility of buying a text add on for canada and not for the us, the website where you purchase them dosen't seem to have that option.

13 REPLIES 13

Yes I've noticed that. I went into my account as well as the plans and add-ons sections of the website. I personally would say that's misleading. No matter how I read the details, offerings or small print etc...it does not clarify the add on. In fact because it's us/ international text it makes it sound like you could use for Canada.  It needs a * beside it stating it can only be used while in the U.S. Generally everything else in the terms and conditions is clear in their limitations or exceptions. This seems to be an oversight that the community has discovered but pm has not addressed it or no one has brought it to their attention. At any rate if a plan change is not done I would argue the point of getting a credit for what is basically unusable add on unless they choose to travel to the U.S.  Especially if it has been brought to pm s attention and they have chosen not add an addendum. That's more of a fido move to profit off of lack clarity in the purchase of products.

@darlicious wrote:

Oh...thank you sorry for spreading misinformation.  I'll have to look at the small print of the plans. Seems like that could be a common mistake.

There is no such fine print. Our Community just discovered it by trial and error.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

Oh...thank you sorry for spreading misinformation.  I'll have to look at the small print of the plans. Seems like that could be a common mistake.

@darlicious no problem.  It's logical to assume it wouldn't work without that item in your plan--similar to if you don't have any Talk in your plan, you can't just buy a long-distance add-on and magically get talk time.  But it was asked a while back and confirmed.  Not having much luck finding the thread at the moment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

Seems to me that you should contact the moderators about crediting your account because you shouldn't be able to add the us texting period to data only plan. 

@darlicious actually, just an FYI:  You *can* use either or both of the 10-day US Roaming Talk and 10-day US Roaming Texting add-ons in the USA without having the corresponding feature in your regular plan. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Deal at London drugs....

Seems to me that you should contact the moderators about crediting your account because you shouldn't be able to add the us texting period to data only plan. Other than downloading a texting app til the end of your cycle. You would be better off changing  your plan to either the $25 plan on auto pay and get 1gb data and calling and texting or the $35 plan on auto pay with 1.5gb. Available thru the 4th for $5 off for 6 months(so $30the same as you were paying for data only). Depending where you live the will price match a free SIM card too with an in store activation.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tigran wrote:

Can I amend my plan to include it or would that reset it and id lose my data?

Thanks

You would need to change to a plan that includes what you need, but remember you would lose the rest of your data if you change immediately.  You can also select to future date the change of plan, that way you can get by with your current plan with a text app as suggested earlier.

Tigran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I amend my plan to include it or would that reset it and id lose my data?

Thanks

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Considering you only have a data plan...you could download the Textnow app... you'll get a phone number in your area and you will be able to call,text, for free. Don't even need data for it as long as you're connected to wifi.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Tigran  hi you will have to ask our robot friend Simon to open a ticket with the moderators if you want to try and get a credit 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Tigran wrote:

Hi,

I purchased the text add on thinking it would be for canada as I have a data only plan only to learn that it seems to be a us roaming one.

Is these any possibility of buying a text add on for canada and not for the us, the website where you purchase them dosen't seem to have that option.

As mentioned PM doesn't have any text add-ons, and you cannot add any other non data feature to a data only plan.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Tigran wrote:

Hi,

There are no texting addons available besides the US 10 Roaming addon

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.