cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Notification of usage is a mistake?

dawnetripodi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received this today: Public Mobile here. You have used 75% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

I’m not even close. Can someone look into this??

6 REPLIES 6

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dawnetripodi wrote:

I received this today: Public Mobile here. You have used 75% of the data included in your service. Go to publicmobile.ca/selfserve for more options.

I’m not even close. Can someone look into this??

@dawnetripodi  Access your selfserve account and check the data counter on the first page. If your data counter is not at 75% then ignore the text. If the counter shows 75% usage then check your device to see what  apps are the culprits.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@dawnetripodi from time to time you may receive texts that are actually glitchy. Last month I receive a payment text 10 days after I started. Saying my payment was due. I went to my self serve account and everything was good. If it continues incessantly then maybe find out from PM what is going on. 

Have a wonderful evening!

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@dawnetripodi :

In a quick view of your self-serve account:

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 3.28.59 PM.png
And if you click view usage, it will give you the real readings:
Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 3.28.10 PM.png

If by chance on your phone, you can also set a data usage too. This will give you added features or peace of mind too if you go over. Granted, once you go over, it stops. no data overage. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Compare your phone usage and your selfserve usage

They should almost match,  the phone I've will be just a bit more.

If the numbers look good I would just ignore it

Be ready to contact moderators if data just stops

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dawnetripodi 

Have you actually looked in self serve to verify you are not close? Also your phone could also have data usage numbers on so check there as well. 

Some apps could be taking data away from behind the scenes so check data usage to check that as well. 

If you done all that and confirmed you have not used that much then you need to contact a moderator to look into for you. You can do that by submitting a ticket though the ? on the bottom right of the page (faster way) or Private messaging them using the envelope button on the top right and type in moderator_team to the send to subject line

Edit: Ninjed by @RossN  dang it 😂

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@dawnetripodi Hello check in your self serve account under my data and add ons and you’ll see how much data you used Also you can check your data usage to see what time you used it

Need Help? Let's chat.