cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Msg saying 95 percent of Data used, have not even used 1gb of 12gb payed for, Mod pls help

seltaeb1956
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get a text saying my data is at 95 percent, I am on 120 plan where I get 12 gb....I look at my usage on my selfserve page and I have not even used 1 gb yet......Also using iphone so when I want to get I msg I can only do that on WIFI.....Please help

2 REPLIES 2

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@seltaeb1956 as @SD08 has mentioned, what you see in your self-serve account is the "system of record" for what Public Mobile thinks you have used out of your plan's data amount.  So if it's showing that you have 11 or so GB left, then you do.  

The message you got saying 95%, was that a text message or was it a notification from your phone?  If it's actually a notification from your phone, ignore it, since your phone doesn't know that you have a 90 day plan and and 90 days over which to use your 12GB.  It's probably set at the default where it thinks you have a monthly 1GB plan and it's warning you based on that.  Ignore it.

If it was actually a text message, I have a follow-up question:  did you recently use a US Roaming add-on that included data?  If so, again ignore this text, as you will get one when the add-on is about to expire (regardless of how much US Roaming data you actually used).  If not, and this message did arrive by text message, then please send a private message to @CS_Agent to investigate for you.  The message should be harmless but annoying, so let's see if they can correct it for you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would think the data counter in your self-serve portal would be more reliable than the text message warning.  If you want to be sure, I suggest getting a moderator to have a look.

Click this Moderator_Team link to private message for assistance.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Include your phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.