cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Messages and Data

Tolabokunde
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined Public mobile 2 months ago. I cant recieve messages and cant browse for the past two days. I can send messages and make calls conviniently. However, i didnt get messages sent to my phone nd cant browse. I have restarted my phone severally and also confirmed my plan is active. What could the problem be?

9 REPLIES 9

@TolabokundeIf you log into your selfserve and under add ons if the data is not listed there, that means you have used up your data bucket.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Maybe it's the APN settings? Type APN into the search box above to learn how to set your APN settings and see if that helps.

Sometimes phones need APN setting set again since some phones seem to delete them on their own.

You can check if you still have data by logging into your account. Look at  "my plan and add ons" in the overview page. (The first page that opens up.) It will list your plan and features....text, calling and data. If there is no data listed then you have used it up. No incoming calls is different unless you're on the $10 plan they all have unlimited incoming. Have you rebooted your phone ? Call forwarded your number by accident?

Edit: sorry are you receiving calls and/or text? You can text and call Out?

Tolabokunde

Nope i didnt switch phones

Tolabokunde

No I do not use an Iphone. I cant tell if i have used up all my data

Shutdown
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you use up all your data and are you using an iphone? If you are using an iphone and imessage then you running out of data explains everything probably.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

for the data part do you see the data addon in your selfserve?  if it doest show up youhave used your data for the cycle.

WoozyPolarBear
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Tolabokunde did you recently switch phones by any chance? I know there is an issue going from iphone to android and having imessage causing text messages to get hung up in the system.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tolabokunde wrote:

I joined Public mobile 2 months ago. I cant recieve messages and cant browse for the past two days. I can send messages and make calls conviniently. However, i didnt get messages sent to my phone nd cant browse. I have restarted my phone severally and also confirmed my plan is active. What could the problem be?

@Tolabokunde  Do you have another device to test your sim card to determine if it's an account issue or a phone settings issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.