cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary suspension for 5 months during winter months

delichef
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi:

My wife and myself go south in the winter, and I would like to temporary suspend my account for 5 months during this time.

Am I correct in saying that if after my last payment and I cancel autopay, just prior to the three month suspension running out, I pay for another one month, and then cancel autopay again. Would my account and phone number will still be available?

In other word during the five months I would make two payments. One just prior to leaving and another just about three months later, to keep my account and phone number?

Thank you

Delichef

4 REPLIES 4

@delichef wrote:

geopublic

Thank you for the response and the tip.

This is a much more affordable option for us.

I live by my calendar, so setting reminders would be a breeze.

delichef

@delichefGlad I could help. Smiley Happy

delichef
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

geopublic

Thank you for the response and the tip.

This is a much more affordable option for us.

I live by my calendar, so setting reminders would be a breeze.

delichef

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@delichef wrote:

Hi:

My wife and myself go south in the winter, and I would like to temporary suspend my account for 5 months during this time.

Am I correct in saying that if after my last payment and I cancel autopay, just prior to the three month suspension running out, I pay for another one month, and then cancel autopay again. Would my account and phone number will still be available?

In other word during the five months I would make two payments. One just prior to leaving and another just about three months later, to keep my account and phone number?

Thank you

Delichef

@delichefYes that is correct. Another option is to suspend the account using the Lost/stolen option, report the phone lost just before you leave. Report the phone found on day 88 let it renew with AutoPay and then report it Lost again just befor renewal expires.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I think you got the concept, exept that the timing of your payments depends a bit on when you are leaving (ie current pland ends after you leave) and how long you are away.

This excellent article by @Luddite should give a comprehensive overview: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735/h...

Need Help? Let's chat.