cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary Service Suspension

Nermal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd like to be able to temporarily suspend my service at the end of my current cycle, but I'm concerned about messing-up my referral credits, etc.

What I was planning on doing was to turn off auto pay, then top-up and re-enable autopay when I need the service again.  Will this accomplish what I want?

9 REPLIES 9

@Nermal wrote:

@popping wrote:

For subscribers with lots of rewards, it is better to switch to the cheapest plan and let the rewards to pay for full or partial plan payment.  For those with a plan, which is no longer offered, switching to the cheapest plan is not an option.

I think for my situation, this is the best solution.  I will schedule a change to the $15 plan (which will be more than covered by my referral credits) and then back to the 5GB plan when I need the service again.

The only thing I can think of that could go wrong here is if the $40 5GB plan is eliminated or changed, but I think the chances of that are pretty slim.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

Good choice. PM plans are fluid..they come and go but they usually offer similarly attractive plans. If your $40 plan isn't available, they'll likely have something to replace it.

Safe travels.

Nermal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@popping wrote:

For subscribers with lots of rewards, it is better to switch to the cheapest plan and let the rewards to pay for full or partial plan payment.  For those with a plan, which is no longer offered, switching to the cheapest plan is not an option.

I think for my situation, this is the best solution.  I will schedule a change to the $15 plan (which will be more than covered by my referral credits) and then back to the 5GB plan when I need the service again.

The only thing I can think of that could go wrong here is if the $40 5GB plan is eliminated or changed, but I think the chances of that are pretty slim.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

@Nermal Others have given opinions, so here's mine.

I think if you disable autopay or remove the credit card or both, you'll see the same result. No Autopay or rewards for these cycles. However, you will not lose your credits.

I believe all your earned rewards prior to suspending will stay and as long as you reinstate within the 90 days others have mentioned, they will still be there for you.

However, if you disable autopay and you have Additional Funds, they will still be used to attempt to renew your plan. Reporting your phone lost and then found within 90 days, may be the best solution in this case.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

@popping wrote:

If you have enough available fund to pay for your next renewal, report your phone lost/stolen will stop PM taking fund from your account to pay for your next renewal.

Now that rings the bell! I remember losing rewards when i enabled lost/stolen mode. I wonder what would be the best way to take advantage of the rewards as long as you are suspending for only the next 90 days? Either disabling AutoPay or removing the cc should do it since all rewards will be transferred to the Account balance prior to taking a payment from cc. 

I am not a big fan of adding too much fund to PM account to create a virtual contract with PM while PM is a prepaid service provider and does not require us to sign a contract.

@popping wrote:

If you have enough available fund to pay for your next renewal, report your phone lost/stolen will stop PM taking fund from your account to pay for your next renewal.

Now that rings the bell! I remember losing rewards when i enabled lost/stolen mode. I wonder what would be the best way to take advantage of the rewards as long as you are suspending for only the next 90 days? Either disabling AutoPay or removing the cc should do it since all rewards will be transferred to the Account balance prior to taking a payment from cc. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nermal 

Definition of autopay is to allow PM to take money out of your credit/debit card to pay for your renewal.  If you have enough available fund in your account to pay for your next renewal(s), your account will be renewed as long as your available fund is enough to pay for next 30 days service.

PM will want a full payment of your plan cost when you reactivate your plan within 90 days after suspension.  PM will not give you any rewards on reactivation.  But PM will continue to give you your rewards starting the next renewal after reactivation.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Nermal Instead of disabling AutoPay, you should just remove the cc. I am not sure what will happen, but expectations are that rewards will transfer over to the account balance before the system tries to take a payment from your cc. But then since you will remove your cc, AutoPay is automatically disabled. In this case, all rewards might not move to Account balance. I am not sure which is right. May be you can let us know 🙂

EDIT: If you top up your account with enough balance, it will renew automatically regardless of AutoPay being enabled/disabled. 

After you reactivate your account your referrals should be reinstated, it'd they are all still active. You may want to inform the person who referred you that they will lose their referral credit for up to 3 cycles. Let them know when you reactivate too.

Again if you go over 90 days of suspension you will lose your account

Do you have any balance? If you have balance it will pay for your next cycle, so in that case you will have to suspend manually the day before renewal

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

You will not collect anything while suspended and the autopay will not apply right away when you enable it again, but the next cycle it should kick in

Made sure you enable it before 90 days, i wound bee back 85th day after suspension latest, so that you didn't lose your account

Need Help? Let's chat.