cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporarily change plans?

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a bunch of bonus data/minutes that I haven't used.  How long so they last?

Regardless should I change to a cheaper plan for a month or two to use up, then back to old plan?

Screenshot_20201019-232602.png

7 REPLIES 7

Strat62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have both the recent 5GB and 1000 min bonuses and they remained when I switched down to the $15 plan. In addition I also had the Christmas bonuses from last year, they also remained.  I am in British Columbia.

@Strat62 wrote:

You will not loose any bonuses.  I have just changed to the $15 down from the $25, all bonus data and minutes remained.  As noted in previous posts you cannot return to your previous plan if it is no longer offered.

I will say that the holiday free add-ons from last year are there to stay no matter which plan or how many times someone changes the plan. However, there was at least one reply from a moderator that I saw that said that the bonus 5GB+1000 minute add-ons for customers in Western Canada would be lost if the plans were ever changed. I don't believe that will actually happen, but a moderator did say that.

Strat62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You will not loose any bonuses.  I have just changed to the $15 down from the $25, all bonus data and minutes remained.  As noted in previous posts you cannot return to your previous plan if it is no longer offered.

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks all.

So to be clear I won't lose the bonuses I'd I switch?

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rossputin , you could change to the $15 plan to use up some minutes and data add-ons. However, you won't be able to get the 5GB plan again.  It's now 4.5GB.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin 

You can always change plans. There are two options to change plans. In your case you want to pick option 2.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan. 

2= Change at next renewal. The choice you want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan.

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

Now depending on what plan you are currently on (if its an old one no longer available) you will not be able to get that plan back. Plans due change from time to time so when you decide to go back to another plan you will only be able to select from the current plans offered when you want to change back. Currently all plans offered are for 30days (if you were on an old 90 day plan those are no longer offered)

As for all your add-ons. They stay on your account and roll over every 30 days until you use them up. Depending on how much data you use you may be on a lower plan more than 1 or 2 30 day renewals.

If you have further questions don't hesitate to ask.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin wrote:

I have a bunch of bonus data/minutes that I haven't used.  How long so they last?

Regardless should I change to a cheaper plan for a month or two to use up, then back to old plan?

Screenshot_20201019-232602.png

Add-ons last until you use it all.  You can change plans but when you change again, you can only pick a plan that they still have. If plans get worse, that's too bad.

Need Help? Let's chat.