cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to a human about Plans

JTDU
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to chat to a human person and discuss plans and having alot of people on an account. 

19 REPLIES 19

@ShawnKelly1968 wrote:

Why does my plan with Public) mobile only allow for 50 outgoing text messages when I can get a similarly priced plan with Telus that will allow for unlimited messaging

That's the plan that Public Mobile offers based on what they feel customers want and are willing to pay, and still gives them a chance ro make a profit.  You can get your Public price lower by referring friends, being customer long time, enabling autopay, or talking in this Community.

Is the Telus plan with unlimited text also prepaid? If Telus has best plan, that might best carrier for you.

Moderators can't make a custom plan for you. All new customer choose from the same plans.

@ShawnKelly1968 wrote:

I have to say I don’t much appreciate your response it seems very arbitrary and Unwilling to assist

We are not representatives of PM or Telus.  This is a forum driven by customer participation.

If you find a plan that better suits your needs then you should go to it.  It seems like you may not have researched PM before joining.  There is no number to call, all service is through private messages to Moderators.  No one can change or modify a plan to match a competitor or Parent company offer other than what gets posted by actual PM staff.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnKelly1968  I only could find telus prepaid for $10 that included 50 minutes and 50 incoming/outgoing sms.  based on that the PM plan is better for $8 with autopay.  can you share the url for your better plan?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnKelly1968 wrote:

I have to say I don’t much appreciate your response it seems very arbitrary and Unwilling to assist

While you had typed your slightly earlier posts, I had replied to you.

There's nothing to assist with. The plan is $10 with what features it has. You decide what you want to do with that.

mimmo

@ShawnKelly1968 wrote:

Why does my plan with Public) mobile only allow for 50 outgoing text messages when I can get a similarly priced plan with Telus that will allow for unlimited messaging

i guess telus offers a better deal.  can you share the specifics of the plan? is it a regular plan or a retention plan? don't forget PM does offer rewards which can bring the price lower.

ShawnKelly1968

mimmo

@ShawnKelly1968  you revived a thread from 2016.  the answer is however the same.  support in public mobile is different than other carriers you have the forum to ask questions or you can send messages to moderator_team as mentioned previously.  those are your only two options. there is no tel number and no one to live chat with.   

What exactly are your issues with your plan?  there are no loyalty plans etc what you see is what there is.    if you find a plan or service that suits you better vote with your wallet.

ShawnKelly1968

ShawnKelly1968

Well that’s the only way to contact Public) mobile then you’re gonna have to try to address my question as best you can

Here it is...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnKelly1968 wrote:

I’d like to know why my phone only has 50 outgoing messages in this plan for under $10 whereas Telus can give me a similar we charge to plan for unlimited messaging. Should I be switching to them or can somebody at Public mobile help me?

There's nothing to talk about. That's the plan. $10 (not under other than rewards).

Staying or going is up to you.

Edit: another $5 and you could get unlimited.

@ShawnKelly1968 wrote:

Whatever that Automatic response was it doesn’t cover my situation that’s why I need to talk to a #human

@ShawnKelly1968  unfortunately that is the only way to contact Public Mobile.

ShawnKelly1968

Whatever that Automatic response was it doesn’t cover my situation that’s why I need to talk to a human

@ShawnKelly1968 wrote:

Im getting frustrated. I’ve been trying for over a half hour to get a hold of somebody and I keep getting is rerouted back to the front page of the community. I Need somebody to contact me to discuss my plan

@ShawnKelly1968  

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

ShawnKelly1968

I’d like to know why my phone only has 50 outgoing messages in this plan for under $10 whereas Telus can give me a similar we charge to plan for unlimited messaging. Should I be switching to them or can somebody at Public mobile help me?

ShawnKelly1968

Im getting frustrated. I’ve been trying for over a half hour to get a hold of somebody and I keep getting is rerouted back to the front page of the community. I Need somebody to contact me to discuss my plan

srlawren

@JTDU welcome to the community, and thanks for your interest in Public Mobile!  I think your current questions have been answered well already, and @Luddite's recommended approach for multiple accounts is very helpful.

Public Mobile's model is inded a bit different, and one of the ways they can keep the plan cost down is by being "no frills", which includes not having a contact centre you can call.  But the community is always here to help.  This works well for the majority of us, when we realize the savings.  (example: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Practical-example-of-how-PM-saves-you-big-...).  

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have additional questions or concerns.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@JTDU Further to your question of mutiple accounts, every person must have their own account and email address. You cannot manage multiple numbers from one account. On the other hand, you can conrtrol every account if only you have the account passwords (I think the passwords could all be the same even). There is also a way to more easily track several accounts:  Pseudo multi account.

Make sure each account puts your number in the Referral area so you can get the Referral Reward.

Let us know what else you might like to know.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

You can talk to real human only by email or through Private Message. You can see plans available on this page: http://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans There are no additional or custom plans available on PM. 

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
  • You can't call or chat Public Mobile customer service as there isn't one. There's an email section where you can contact them but it will take like 24-48 hours to respond.
  • If you want to discuss or ask question about the plan, the community can help. Just ask question.
  • There's no family plan. It's just personal account. 
Need Help? Let's chat.