cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk till you drop for only an extra $5 month "500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance - $5.00"

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Wooooow ....."500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance - $5.00"........Just noticed that PM offers a 500 minute Canada wide long distance add on for only $5.  So for those that mainly like to talk they only need to subscribe to the PM $10 plan + $5 add =$15 / month. Also if auto top up is activated it would drop this down to almost a ridiculous low $13/month ( $15-$2=$13/month).

15 REPLIES 15

@TJ71 wrote:

So,  isn't really Add On option?  To clarify: I must change my plan to access this?   cannot just add on for $5

It can be added to any plan. However, it would not serve any purpose on a data-only plan (won't work) or on a plan that already includes unlimited Canada-wide calling.

@TJ71 wrote:

So,  isn't really Add On option?  To clarify: I must change my plan to access this?   cannot just add on for $5

You need an active plan, then you can get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on.

If you don't use all your 500 minutes by next renewal...they roll over until you use them up. You do need an active, in market plan though.

TJ71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

BEER

@dna2016 wrote:

They aren't going through 500 minutes on their cellphone each year (mostly because they still have a home phone, which I'm trying really hard for them to get rid of, but of course they are too stubborn to let that go).

You think that your parents are stubborn - I suspect that they are no where near as stubborn as my wife - even though she has a cell phone plan she instists on keeping our Bell landline with added features ld etc. at a cost of close to $60/month ( 60X12=$720/year).

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This has worked great for my parents.... even if they forget to hang up on a call who cares.... a $5 top up gets them on their way.

Yay PM!!!

(Not to mention the unlimited incoming minutes.....)

dna2016

@BEER I know eh.  when I saw this add-on I thought it was some type of glitch or something.  It's basically 1cent per minute.  Technically you're slightly wrong on the numbers because the $5 is not a per month feature.  It stays on until you use it up.  so for people like seniors this is great, it'll probably last them almost a year.  I look at the pricing more like this.

$10 base plan + 0.42 ($5 plan over 12 months) = $10.42.  then factor in the $2 autopay credit = $8.42/month.

But of course it all depends on how much this is used, so these number can change pretty drastically, but this is pretty much how it would look for my parents.  They aren't going through 500 minutes on their cellphone each year (mostly because they still have a home phone, which I'm trying really hard for them to get rid of, but of course they are too stubborn to let that go).

BEER

@zfx wrote:

I assume this $10 plan doesn't include any data?

Not the $10 plan BUT WAIT!  ha.. ha .. ha 

It gets even better for only an additional $5/month you can even get a bonus 250mb data and unlimited incoming voice calls. ($15-$2 (auto pay)= $13 month

• 100 MINUTES Canada-wide talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming calls
  • UNLIMITED International Textand Picture Messaging
  • + BONUS 250 MB Data⁴ at 3G speed with AutoPay
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

$15 is unlimited incoming calls.  Less requirement on the LD aidons as he won’t need them for any incoming calls.

$10 plan would run out of both incoming and outgoing.  

Id suggest the $15 plan.  Or upgrade to $25 and never worry about long distance or running out of minutes or sms in Canada.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yeah it's a great deal. My dad is currently on the 20$ provincial plan and I am  thinking of  switch him to the 15$ plan and buy a couple 5$ addons. Or maybe to the 10$ plan.  He does not text or data, but he is on phone enough...  That before these plans were not feesable. I like the idea of the unlimited incoming, but is it worth the 5$ extra or will the addon route  be cheaper. 

Thinking it over probably will do 10$ plan and and 2 500 min addons. And see how those last.  That gives him 1050 minutes /30 days. Will re evaluate after that. 

sunflowershine

@BEER Yes, it is a good deal if you have that add-on. You are not paying it per cycle.

popping

@zfx wrote:

Yes.  The $10 50/50 plan details.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/10for50talk50text

• 50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming Text
  • 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

hmm lets see 60 min a day times 30 days equals 1800 I better stick with unlimited lol (and thats just my sister)

popping

1 cent per CW minute will kill Speakout 30 cents per minute + $1.25 per month fixed monthly charge.  If you are using more than 23 minutes at Speakout, time to consider PM $10 50/50 plan.  For $8 with autopay /30 days you get 50 minutes instead of 23 minutes at Speakout for spending the same $8.  If 50 minutes is not enought, buy the $5 500 minutes add-on at 1 cent/minutes and the add-on minutes will not expire.  Unused add-on minutes will roll over to next cycle until completely used.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Wooooow ....."500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance - $5.00"........Just noticed that PM offers a 500 minute Canada wide long distance add on for only $5.  So for those that mainly like to talk they only need to subscribe to the PM $10 plan + $5 add =$15 / month. Also if auto top up is activated it would drop this down to almost a ridiculous low $13/month ( $15-$2=$13/month).

It gets better. It's actually an add-on. So you buy it once and then consume it over time. Back to $8.

Need Help? Let's chat.