cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk and text

stephyloo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are there any cheap plans for kids that only have talk and text NO data?

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@stephyloo wrote:

The only way is to find someone with an old plan with no data who doesn't want it anymore.

I have a $10 plan with 1 referral + $7 available fund  I am going to switch to a $15 plan next month. I know it is a waste for a grandfathered $10 plan.  But I will let it go if I get a reasonable offer by private message.

Oracle: If this is not allowed, I will remove my post.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@stephyloo wrote:

The only way is to find someone with an old plan with no data who doesn't want it anymore.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There are no talk and text plans without data but the 15.00 plan with just 250mb is a good choice.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

If you are concerned that your kids have ANY access to data, you can edit your APN type on an android phone to read:

APN type: default,mms

And unless they are able to edit it themselves, they will not be able to access any data, other than for Picture Messaging.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@stephyloo 

This is the best part of Public Mobile. It's prepaid, so no overages or surprise bills.

You mentioned kids. How many phone plans are you getting?

Tips:
1) Sign-up for AutoPay. You get $2 off every 30 days.
2) Use a referral code for every sign-up. The new customer gets $10 credit and the referring customer gets $1 off every 30 days (for as long as the new customer stays with PM).
3) At some locations like Walmart or PM Kiosk, you can get a free SIM when you activate in-store OR order the SIM cards from Amazon for $7.69 each.

In the end, your $15 plan will cost $13 (+taxes), sometimes less.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@stephyloo  my kids are on the 15$ plan.  100 outgoing minutes  unlimited incoming and unlimited text. Plus 250mb of data if you're on autopay but they can't go over,  you won't get a bill because of overage or anything because public mobile is prepaid so if you don't pay for it you don't get it!   

Need Help? Let's chat.