cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Not Included?

Connie1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan included Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Unlimited International Text. But when I tried calling a 1 888 number. The first thing I hear is "Hey it's Public Mobile, your plan doesn't include talk" and tells me I can change my plan at the self serve section if I wish to include it. I don't make a lot of calls, but calls to local numbers worked so? Help please....

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Connie1 wrote:

Thank you!

@Connie1Funny, I see someone from RFD complaining they could also not call purolator (1 888 744 7123) using public mobile. Definitly try the lost / stolen, if no go the mods should be able to fix you up.

I think she's saying thank you and done with the solution. Nice. 2 in a row.

@Connie1 wrote:

Thank you!

@Connie1Funny, I see someone from RFD complaining they could also not call purolator (1 888 744 7123) using public mobile. Definitly try the lost / stolen, if no go the mods should be able to fix you up.

Connie1

Thank you!

@Connie1 wrote:

I dialed a 1 in front of it. The number is 1 888 744 7123 if you want to give it a try.

@Connie1Works fine for me. Try this lost / stolen trick. Lately it seems to be magic and solving almost any issue.

1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account and logout.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone.  This seems to reset your SIM card and hopefully activates your plan/account.  

If that doesn't work you may have to contact the mods regarding re-provisioning your account, but I am still confused by "Talk not included"

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Connie1, when I joined the service 2 years ago, I encountered a similar issue with some toll free numbers but not all.  The problem self corrected over time.  Sometimes, account provisioning issues can lead to this.  If the problem persists, you will need to contact the moderator team for assistance.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

BTW, I called the number which happens to be Purolator.  I had no problems with the call.  I have only province wide calling.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Connie1 wrote:

My plan included Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Unlimited International Text. But when I tried calling a 1 888 number. The first thing I hear is "Hey it's Public Mobile, your plan doesn't include talk" and tells me I can change my plan at the self serve section if I wish to include it. I don't make a lot of calls, but calls to local numbers worked so? Help please....

Additionally, getting and paying for a toll free number gives you the option of limiting the geographic area that can call the number. Why a business would choose that option is beyond me but I've seen it.

Connie1

I dialed a 1 in front of it. The number is 1 888 744 7123 if you want to give it a try.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Connie1 wrote:

@Connie1a 1-888 number should be working. Did you dial a 1 infront of the number? Or did you dial it as 855

Is it any 1-888 number or just that specific 1-888 number? If its not for personal reasons can you give us the 1-888 number so we can also try it? If it works but just not for you, there may be an issue on your account. The weird thing is the "doesn't include talk" error and not the "long disatance" error.

London Drugs operates 80 locations across 35 major markets. Check here to see if there is a location close to you https://www.londondrugs.com/locations/

K Mobile has 21 stores, see if one is close to you https://www.k-mobile.ca/store-locator-phone-store-near-me/

Need Help? Let's chat.