cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOP UP data

KLG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been trying to make a one time payment so I can buy/top up my data which I'm seriously about to max out.  I have money in my account, saw my bank today to make sure no problems with my card, but every attempt says "Unable to verify your card".  I've set it up right and used it last month to pay for new month's plan.  Can someone explain what is wrong? I've just moved into a new condo and won't have wifi until next week.  I've tried doing over the phone, and it says the same thing.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  

How do I contact the Moderators to get help?

10 REPLIES 10

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KLG  all you are buying is a voucher online instead of going to a retail location and buying one there.  all it will do is put funds on your account in the value you buy. once you have funds on your account you can do what ever you want.

you can buy a 1gb data addon for $30 

you can do an immideate plan change to a plan taht is different than your current plan.  (you forefit anything remaing of your existing plan and start the new one right away

KLG

Hi

Thanks

Have you done this before?  I want to be absolutely certain that it will just top up my account funds, not lock me to a phone call only purchase.

mimmo

you need to buy phone credit not data credit.  as you are just adding funds to your account.

Screenshot (39).png

KLG

REcharge doesn't work

Recharge.JPG

mimmo

@KLG  a workaround was provided buy a voucher from teh website recharge.com and use that voucher to pay for the early renewal.  as mentined you can not do an early renewal for teh same plan you have you either need to get teh 45$ plan or buy two plans $10 then the $50.

mods i think are replying 24 -48 hours at the moment.

KLG

I can't do an early renewal; the issue I'm having is that the site won't allow me to top up my funds to even make a purchase.  It's not verifying my card.

I set it up earlier and used it to purchase the current month's plan; now they won't let me get past the 'add funds' to my account.

I just spoke with my bank's card services and there is no issue on my end. 

I can't replace with another card because I only have one Canadian Visa debit card and don't use credit cards.  This is why I'm wanting a Moderator to acknowledge/reply to me.  Something is wrong on their end.

mimmo

@KLG  in your situation just buy the top up voucher from recharge.com (they charge a service fee but no taxes).  then if you are running out of data do an early renewal for the 45$ 6gb plan  ( i think teh offer is still there) and futuredate the $50 one.  you could even ask the mods nicely to see if the will give you the $50 plan  by adding $5 (since you can not early renew the same plan.  

or another option is activate teh $10 plan and then activate the $50 plan  right away.  

KLG
Hi 
Thanks for the reply.  I'm on the $50/8Gb plan right now; ends 15/12.  
I try to 'make a payment' to my account, won't let me.
Tried to make a one-time payment to my account, won't let me.
Tried to change my plan, then selected the $50/8gb, won't let me make a payment.

My card is sound.  I'm going to run out of data trying to solve this argggg

I've sent a PM to ShaziaK, a Moderator, I believe.  I'm hoping Shazia can assist me.
My children live in Australia, and I am here in Canada for a while.  This is SO frustrating.

mimmo

as for your original question the cc processing can be tricky.

below is some common issues.  community members i am sure  will add to this list.

Common credit card issues/messages:

• Cannot process transaction
  • Auto pay failure
  • Double/triple charged

Common solutions/ work arounds:

• Delete existing card (do not edit)
  • Ensure credit card and selfserve addresses are identical
  • Omit unit number from credit card address (123 street name  instead of 123 B street name)
  • Omit last digit of postal code if your credit card bill has a space (X1Y2Z instead of  X1Y 2Z3)
  • Buy a voucher from recharge.com to pay for service (thanks @NDesai)

Notes:

If you have tried to process a credit card multiple times

• The card might get blocked in the system and the mods will need to get involved
  • Check with credit card company to see if any transactions actually went through.

mimmo

@KLG  what plan are you on?  instead of buyting topup data $30/1gb if you are on a in market plan (not a legasy plan ie fall promo) do an early renewal to a plan with lots of data like the $50 8gb plan.

also go to recharge.com buy a voucher from there and use that to pay for your top up or the plan renewal.

Need Help? Let's chat.