cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to a new plan

jordan23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My renewal date is on Feb 13, 2020 and I'm currently on the $25 (1GB with autopay) plan. I'm very close to reaching my data limit and I don't want to run out of data in the next few days. If I switch right now to the $40 (5GB with autoplay) plan, will I lose my remaining data and will my renewal cycle date change to today's date? And if I'm already setup for autopay, will my credit card automatically be chaged or will I have to manually top up my account? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jordan23 wrote:

I see, thanks for the info. But since I'm only a few days away from my renewal, and I don't want to risk maxing up my data (since I need to have data), can I just select 'change now' and manually top up my account? In that case, my new plan and renewal cycle date will be the 10th of every month right?

Yes, your renewal date will be 30 days from today.  Since this February has 29 days, your next renewal day is March 11.

Please note that PM will not apply your reward if you change plan early as PM wants the full plan fee for your new plan.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jordan23 

FYI:  Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.  This option is not for everyone.  If you have $5 or $10 promo credit per cycle, you may lost the remaining monhtly credits if your change plan.  If you have a plan which is no longer offered,  you will not get it back after plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is up to 2 days. If your next renewal date is 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

@jordan23 wrote:

I see, thanks for the info. But since I'm only a few days away from my renewal, and I don't want to risk maxing up my data (since I need to have data), can I just select 'change now' and manually top up my account? In that case, my new plan and renewal cycle date will be the 10th of every month right?

You can top up your account and select change now. You will be charged right away. Take note your rewards may not be automatically applied and if not they will be added to next payment.

Also take note. Plans Are 30 days it's not month to month. So it will not always be the 10th of every month.

jordan23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@jordan23 wrote:

My renewal date is on Feb 13, 2020 and I'm currently on the $25 (1GB with autopay) plan. I'm very close to reaching my data limit and I don't want to run out of data in the next few days. If I switch right now to the $40 (5GB with autoplay) plan, will I lose my remaining data and will my renewal cycle date change to today's date? And if I'm already setup for autopay, will my credit card automatically be chaged or will I have to manually top up my account? Thanks!

If you change now, you lose the rest. You can schedule a plan change so you don't lose anything. To change now, manual top up is needed.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

First important to note. If you signed up for Lunar Promo. Switching plans will cause you to loose the promo.

Do NOT select change now. You will be charged immediately and there will be no refund for the days you did not use on current plan.

Select CHANGE AT NEXT RENEWAL. This way you'll remain on your current plan then at payment due date you will be charged for new plan and new plan will start.

Need Help? Let's chat.