cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to PM from Bell - when?

dbatara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I’m currently on a month-to-month with Bell,  have my phone paid off and was just wondering if I switch at any time would bell just pro-rate my monthly plan or would I end up paying the full month?

8 REPLIES 8

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GR wrote:

@pcouturier  ,   @dbatara  the reason people recommend picking a new number on activation and then porting after is if anything goes wrong with the port or account activation you still have a phone while you wait for the moderators to fix the problem which on some occasions can take over 3 days

Precisely, if not your phone number might get stuck in limbo between the two providers and this can be quite the ordeal to fix. I rather be safe than sorry, besides its one little extra step that can save you from a big hedache and a lot of time.

@pcouturier  ,   @dbatara  the reason people recommend picking a new number on activation and then porting after is if anything goes wrong with the port or account activation you still have a phone while you wait for the moderators to fix the problem which on some occasions can take over 3 days

pcouturier
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Switched from Bell last week, just filled in the form on PM website and it was done. Withing 45 minutes I had my Bell number ported to PM. You don't need to ask for a new number then port the Bell one. You just need your Bell account number.

dbatara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the tips!

Poogzley

Also just to make sure the port goes smoothly I would recommend that you activate your Public Mobile SIM with a new number then make the request to have your number transferred in. Some users have expirenced bugs in the past when trying to do bolth at the same time.

Also don't forget to use a referral code when you activate your new line, it is an easy way to earn a 10$ credit (or more if there is a special promotion). If you don't already have one no need to worry you can easily find some with a quick Google search or by visiting the unofficial Public Mobile sub-Reddit. ☺️

Lar

@dbatara  I switched from Bell myself and yes they pro rate your last bill. If your keeping the number then don't phone Bell and cancel your account.  That will happen automatically when PM ports your number over.  Enjoy your savings when you are with PM.  Cheers

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dbatara wrote:

Hi,

I’m currently on a month-to-month with Bell,  have my phone paid off and was just wondering if I switch at any time would bell just pro-rate my monthly plan or would I end up paying the full month?

Usually post paid plans are pro-rated.  There would be no refunds if you are prepaid.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dbatara 

Once you port out from Bell, Bell will send you a final invoice with either credit or amount due.  Bell will pro-rate plans. 

However, if in the future you decide to port out of Public mobile, PM does not pro-rate plans.  Prepaid is non refundable.  

Need Help? Let's chat.