cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching same plan from $30 to $25- is it worth it with $10 reward currently

cezary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I just signed up to PM just over a month ago for the $30 plan along with the $10 reward for 6 months. Now  I see this same plan is $25 so I am wondering if it is worth it for me to switch to this plan now and lock in the $25 rate in case it goes up or should I wait for 5 more months so I get the $10 reward making my plan $20 but for only 6 months.. If the $25 plan doesn't go up then I should wait but if it would go up then I think it's better to change and lock in the $25 rate forever. 

I am not sure what to do yet so hoping for some suggestions. 

13 REPLIES 13

cezary
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you very much for the advice!!:) I will take the advice and schedule the future plan change and cancel the day before my renewal with the 1-2 days risk of the plan going up in price. I will do this for a few months and then I will just switch it over completely. 

Thanks again everyone- very smart people here in this community. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@cezary wrote:

Hello, I just signed up to PM just over a month ago for the $30 plan along with the $10 reward for 6 months. Now  I see this same plan is $25 so I am wondering if it is worth it for me to switch to this plan now and lock in the $25 rate in case it goes up or should I wait for 5 more months so I get the $10 reward making my plan $20 but for only 6 months.. If the $25 plan doesn't go up then I should wait but if it would go up then I think it's better to change and lock in the $25 rate forever. 

The new $15 and $25 plans were added to compete with Chatr's offers. As long as those are around, it's safe to say PM will be offering them as well.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cezary  I woudl keep your current plan.  PM typically give notice of whne special offers end, usually a couple days.   as metioned this may be a new normal offering.  if you are really concerened, you could futuredat the plan change.  the day before renewal see if the plan is still offered.  if it is still offered cancel the plan chnage and you renew at the 30$ level. once renewed futuredate the plan change and repeat as needed. 

I have to wait until sometime early June to get the switch to happen.  Already scheduled, if I decide to keep the change in place that is.

I would suggest the future dated option now, and if you don't see a notice of expiry on the Special Offer in the morning (Eastern Time), cancel the change, let your normal plan renew, and re-schedule for a future date on next renewal.

Do it before noon-hour on the payment date.  I have a feeling things start at noon, rather than midnight as listed on the Overview Page.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cezary wrote:

I would stick with what you have. It looks like the $25 plan will become a regular plan and if it doesn't with PM there is always a better deal coming around the corner. FOMO imho does not apply in this case.

Promotion has to end during a renewal.

Each renewal has 30 days.

If you have no future dated changes applied for one day and the promotion does not get a warning, it essentially will be a suprise on 1 of those 30 days. 29 of those 30 days are safe. Since we have no other data to go on, you go on what you know. Most people won't have a problem, but I'd rather spend $20 or $25 to get $5 per month possibly forever. Its a significantly better deal. For me, its clear as day. 

Just make sure to give a warning when telling people, because there will be some people that get screwed over by your method while the rest will be just fine

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@cezary wrote:

@cezary, schedule a future dated plan change and if the plan is still offered a couple days before your renewal cancel the plan change.  After your renewal future date the plan change again and repeat procedure until the 6 months are up.  This way you will guarantee to max out the $10 off a month and won't miss the $25 plan if it is removed.

For promotions like this they do not give an end date they often do not either give a warning. Out of every 100 peoples that do this, 3 will get screwed when we talk of averaging. Why chance so much for so little?

Not guarantee. Guarentee is 100%. You should say 96.7%

Nothing ventured noting gained.  The future dating scheme is the protection against a sudden removal of the promotion. 

@will13am  Not when you remove future dating for "a couple days" during the renewal process.

We are talking about half a day of risk.  Most often when these promotions are revised, we get a heads up with some time to react.  The real risk is complacency. 

@RobertQc wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@cezary wrote:

@cezary, schedule a future dated plan change and if the plan is still offered a couple days before your renewal cancel the plan change.  After your renewal future date the plan change again and repeat procedure until the 6 months are up.  This way you will guarantee to max out the $10 off a month and won't miss the $25 plan if it is removed.

For promotions like this they do not give an end date they often do not either give a warning. Out of every 100 peoples that do this, 3 will get screwed when we talk of averaging. Why chance so much for so little?

Not guarantee. Guarentee is 100%. You should say 96.7% when we talk of just 1 day. If you say "couple days" then we go up to almost a 7% chance of failure.

Where is the statiscal data to prove this %?  What was sample size and margin of error?lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@cezary wrote:

Nothing ventured noting gained.  The future dating scheme is the protection against a sudden removal of the promotion. 

@will13am  Not when you remove future dating for "a couple days" during the renewal process.

@RobertQc wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@cezary wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@cezary wrote:

Not guarantee. Guarentee is 100%. You should say 96.7% when we talk of just 1 day. If you say "couple days" then we go up to almost a 7% chance of failure.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@cezary wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@cezary wrote:

I say yes, absolutly worth it to switch

IMO every existing customer on the $30 plan who gets $10 monthly promotion should future date.

You save $10 for 5 (or maybe less) more months (works out to a maximum savings of only $25 extra if you do the math)

OR

You save $5 possibly forever.

At most with a futuredated change this means you still could get 5 more $10 credits, at the same time you would be getting $5 off the pla for equal months

So at MOST you could save is $25 (depending on when you signed up) by keeping your $10 promotion

This is a *SPECIAL OFFER* which may not be available later.

Need Help? Let's chat.