cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Plans

jwhite18
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to up my data for work, but only for the next 1-2 months. Can I change my plan to one with higher data and then switch back to my current plan in the next 1-2 months no problem?

4 REPLIES 4

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jwhite18 ... How much extra data do you think you will need? If you only need a little extra to tideyou over , you can get a add-on....1gig for $15. They dont expire until they are used up

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@jwhite18 are you switching instantly?

If public mobile is still offering your plan you can switch to bigger plan and right away schedule switch back to your plan. If you schedule the switch you are guaranteed that plan on your renewal. I would take screenshot just in case.

Then one day before renewal of your plan is still offered you can cancel the switch and hope that the plan doesn't disappear the next day, and if it doesn't schedule your switch again for the following cycle.

Good news is that most of the time they do give advance warning about cancelling plans, most of the time but not always, it did happen that people would wake up and it's gone without any warning, hence a bit of precaution outlined above. Hopefully you will get warning and have time to decide.

If you are postponing your switch for the renewal, just do schedule it now and keep your eyes on it, proceed with rescheduling return the first day when you renew

@jwhite18 If you're currently on a plan that is no longer offered. Once you switch you won't be able to get it back.

If you switch and a plan changes while on the new plan then you have to switch back to something that is currently offered. 

Take note two options to change plans. It's always advised to  schedule a change at next renewal.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan. 

2= Change at next renewal. The choice you want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan.

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

@jwhite18 wrote:

I need to up my data for work, but only for the next 1-2 months. Can I change my plan to one with higher data and then switch back to my current plan in the next 1-2 months no problem?

This can only be done if Public Mobile is still offering the plan that you want to switch back to at the time of switching back.

Need Help? Let's chat.