cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Plans

lelainabredeweg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If a new promo comes out, do I have to wait till the end of my monthly term to switch?

7 REPLIES 7

sellychan93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! Glad I checked - I almost made the change just now and would've lost over half a month's worth of fees! 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@lelainabredewegUsually for Public Mobile's promos you have to be a new customer.. ie using a new email address, you cannot move any rewards you might have accumulated and you cannot move your existing number for one PM account to another.. so be aware of that.

Once they have successfully enticed you.. they don't want you to get another enticement again.

@lelainabredeweg wrote:

If a new promo comes out, do I have to wait till the end of my monthly term to switch?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, you weren't ninja'd!

You got the note in about future dating, rather than immediate change.

You can change your plan immediately if you wish now, or you can change on next renewal (also now).

Chanah and Tony8 beat me to it.

Althoooough...did Chanah edit their post? 🙂

@Anonymous, you weren't ninja'd!

You got the note in about future dating, rather than immediate change.

You can change your plan immediately if you wish now, or you can change on next renewal (also now).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lelainabredeweg wrote:

Depends on how much you like your money. There's no pro-rating here so if you do an immediate plan change then you lose what value your previous plan had and you start fresh with a whole new plan and term.

So if you like your money then set the plan change for your next renewal.

Edit: ninja'd again. I'm getting slow. 🙂

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can change to a new plan early, but you loose any unused data etc. 

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's best practice, but you don't have to.

If you switch now, you'll automatically be charged for the new plan, and lose what you've got on the old plan, while if you wait and change on your next renewal (there's an option to set this in your account) then things will go on smoothly.

Need Help? Let's chat.