cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from freedom

Matt1618
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just made the switch from freedom so far much better. Freedom was so spotty, and dropped calls all the time 

10 REPLIES 10

jonezz

Thanks for the information.  It is looking more and more like this is going to happen.  I am also very much enjoying the community here.

@jonezz wrote:

I am currently in the process of trying to decide if I should make the switch.  I have a temp SIM card and have used it where Freedom would be roaming.  So far after day 4 it is good.  Not sure if I should pull the trigger and port my Freedom number over.

I keep reading the posts for previous Freedom users to see how they are liking PM.

Just thought I would chime in.

You'll find many ex-Freedomites here at Public Mobile. PM uses Telus infrastructure so you don't have to worry about not having service in most places in Canada. All PM talk plans now have Canada wide calling so no worrys about calling to anywhere in Canada while you're in Canada. There's even an inexpensive add-on to enable calling to many foreign countries. If you occasionally travel to US, PM has an inexpensive 10 day US talk/text/data option as well...(once the US / Canada border reopens)

jonezz

I am currently in the process of trying to decide if I should make the switch.  I have a temp SIM card and have used it where Freedom would be roaming.  So far after day 4 it is good.  Not sure if I should pull the trigger and port my Freedom number over.

I keep reading the posts for previous Freedom users to see how they are liking PM.

Just thought I would chime in.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Matt1618 glad to hear hope you have a great experience with Public!

Matt1618

Thank you! So far it seems great, and super easy to set up and check bills and usage !

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Matt1618 , welcome to Public Mobile.  I was an ex wind customer.  I have never looked back since.  

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Welcome @Matt1618 .

yanzhiqiang

Welcome to Public Mobile.

fdrcamb519

@Matt1618 

@Matt1618 wrote:

Just made the switch from freedom so far much better. Freedom was so spotty, and dropped calls all the time 

Welcome to Public Mobile I switched from freedom as well, I did have more data, but service here much better. 2 months in no regrets.

@Matt1618 wrote:

I suspect that a very large porting of Public Mobile's customers are former Freedom Mobile customers. For a large part, customers are at Freedom to be able to pay less for service.  That can still happen at Public Mobile while being able to use a better network (although with lower maximum data speeds).

Need Help? Let's chat.