cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch to 35$ 1 gig plan

deangagnon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can i change to the 35$ 1 gig plan? In the addons it wants an additional 30$ for 1 gig. I already have the 25$ plan that is supposed to have 500mb but it doesn't. So am i supposed to actually pay 65$ for the 1 gig addon each month?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

Sorry, @Jb456 , but I've seen you use that word A LOT today, so I'm falling into grammar Nazi mode...... the word is, "lose".

Without any doubt in my mind the single most often messed up words in the English language. Lose just seems to automatically turn into Loose. Congrats @CannonFodder on getting "A Lot" correct as well, many think it is alot.

AE_Collector

Jeez...and I'M the one that gets accused of being the language police. 🙂

CannonFodder: have a look over on the French side...Jb456 is very active there too. Maybe he leans more towards French.

@AE_Collector wrote:

@CannonFodder wrote:

Sorry, @Jb456 , but I've seen you use that word A LOT today, so I'm falling into grammar Nazi mode...... the word is, "lose".

Without any doubt in my mind the single most often messed up words in the English language. Lose just seems to automatically turn into Loose. Congrats @CannonFodder on getting "A Lot" correct as well, many think it is alot.

Well, let's not hijack this thread too much, but given what I've seen here, and on other forums, I'd tend to think that "their", "there", & "they're"(ESPECIALLY the 1st two) might take the crown. 🤔 

@CannonFodder wrote:

AE_Collector

@wetcoaster 

That was my first thought as well. Just because someone says they are "on the $25 plan" you can't assume that is what everyone new here knows as "the $25 plan". I'm sure there are still people on the $15 plan with only 100 combined in & out minutes as well.

On this same line of thinking.... Someone cautioned about not changing plans if they just signed up through the last Lunar New Year promo. But... there have been other recent promos as recently as November/December that also prevent plan changes or you lose the rest of the promo.

AE_Collector

@Jb456 wrote:

Also did you just sign up for Lunar promo as you can't change plans on that promo or you will loose it .

@Jb456 wrote:

To answer your other question..you are looking at add-ons which is the wrong section....but how about we figure out what type of plan you would like and if you're on auto-pay....then we can go from there? Sound good? @deangagnon 

I think @deangagnon  mentioned the $25 plan. What I am curious about is: When did they sign up / change to this plan?

The original $25 plan was unlimited provincial talk and international texts only. If they are on that, and assuming that they have autopay enabled, it's as easy as scheduling a future dated plan change to the current $25 plan. The system then will update it to Canada wide calling and 1GB automatically on the next renewal.

But then the person has not bothered sticking around and helping us help them, so this is all speculation.

lorca01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@deangagnon wrote:

How can i change to the 35$ 1 gig plan? In the addons it wants an additional 30$ for 1 gig. I already have the 25$ plan that is supposed to have 500mb but it doesn't. So am i supposed to actually pay 65$ for the 1 gig addon each month?

No! Your $25 plan should definitely have 500mb of data every month. As has been mentioned, you will get an additional 500mb if you are on auto-pay. Have you tried using data when you're not using wifi? 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

To answer your other question..you are looking at add-ons which is the wrong section....but how about we figure out what type of plan you would like and if you're on auto-pay....then we can go from there? Sound good? @deangagnon 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@deangagnon do,you have autopay on your plan? That gets you another 500mb on you$25 plan. Did,you sign up during the Lunar promotion ? If you switch, you  will lose it. Also, If you switch mid plan, you lose the time on your current plan and pay for the new one. So it's recommended that you switch on your plan cycle date. 

To switch a plan,  log into your my account and switch from within there either choose to switch immediately or on your plan renewal date.

@deangagnon wrote:

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Hmmm $25 plan if you add autopay you get a 500mb bonus so in total it's 1 gig.

With autopay you also get a $2 discount . bring your bill to $23 every 30 days plus tax 

The $35 plan is 1.5 gig if you add autopay as you get a 500 mb bonus from the 1.5 gigs.bring balance to $33 with autopay..

Are you set up for autopay?

Also did you just sign up for Lunar promo as you can't change plans on that promo or you will loose it .

Need Help? Let's chat.