cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch from old $30 plan

No
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I enjoyed $10 discount for 6 months on the old $30 plan. Now I have future dated a change to the current $25 plan. It seems to be the same service (unlimited Canada wide, 500 + 500 data) for less cost.

My question is concerning the current extra 1G data bonus (500 + 500 + 1G bonus), will I only get 1G data on the $25 plan or will I keep the 1G bonus for a total of 2G data? 

4 REPLIES 4

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

I've seen that they did offer extra data on monthly basis at some point, I'm assuming that this was not the promotion you are on.  One time promo stays with you until consumed or your account terminated. You should be safe switching to better value plan

@No

There's no reason not to change from old Plan to new Plan if they're the same thing at different prices. I've done it myself, twice.

Your Data Add-ons (including the free 1GB Promo) won't be affected. They remain intact until they're all used up, the account is finally Terminated, PM decides to change their Terms Of Service, or PM goes out of business. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@No wrote:

I enjoyed $10 discount for 6 months on the old $30 plan. Now I have future dated a change to the current $25 plan. It seems to be the same service (unlimited Canada wide, 500 + 500 data) for less cost.

My question is concerning the current extra 1G data bonus (500 + 500 + 1G bonus), will I only get 1G data on the $25 plan or will I keep the 1G bonus for a total of 2G data? 

Are you referring to the 1 GB promo that was given out early September?

This bonus was given one-time only. It is the equivalent of purchasing the 1 GB Data Add-on that is available for $30. This bonus data will stay on your account until it has been fully consumed.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@No wrote:

The 1GB of free data will stay with your account until used up and is not connected to plan data which will reset every new cycle.  It is also not affected by plan changes.

But you will use your plan data first and if you deplete that before renewal, then you will tap into the 1GB bonus data.

Need Help? Let's chat.