cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Plans for 1 month

derekt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much notice do they need to switch plans?

On Aug. 28th I am travelling from Toronto through the US ( Maine etc) to P.E.I. and should be home by Sept 10th. My current Payment schedule is " Due Date (One-Time Payment): Aug 13, 2019

On Aug. 12, I am planning to switch to the

" Promo $60 UL Can and US Talk and Text 8.5GB 3G Data with AutoPay 2GB US Data Roaming "

and then on Sept. 10 when I return, I plan to switch back to

" Special Offer! $25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus "

Would this be enough time for the change to take effect? I am not concerned about the extra cost. I am just looking for peace of mind with full coverage and not headaches. 

9 REPLIES 9

derekt

Ok, seems like it did not work first time. I tryed again and now showing. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@derekt wrote:

I clicked on change on next renewal date. It said to wait and then went back to the plans and add on screen. I just wanted confirmaiton if it will change on next renewal as nothing is written there. 

Click on Plan Details and it'll show that you've scheduled a plan change...or not.

derekt

I clicked on change on next renewal date. It said to wait and then went back to the plans and add on screen. I just wanted confirmaiton if it will change on next renewal as nothing is written there. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 8.18.14 AM.png

@derekt You should say Change plan now if you want to Change now.

derekt

I have done this, ( scheduled for next renewal. ) but still shows my old plan. Any way to verify the changes took effect? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile is prepaid, there's no contracts or notice requirements.  You should enter the plan change to the $60 plan now and make the change applicable on the next renewal. Once the change had taken effect on August 13, enter another future dated plan change to the $25 plan.  Have a safe trip. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@derekt wrote:

How much notice do they need to switch plans?

On Aug. 28th I am travelling from Toronto through the US ( Maine etc) to P.E.I. and should be home by Sept 10th. My current Payment schedule is " Due Date (One-Time Payment): Aug 13, 2019

On Aug. 12, I am planning to switch to the

" Promo $60 UL Can and US Talk and Text 8.5GB 3G Data with AutoPay 2GB US Data Roaming "

and then on Sept. 10 when I return, I plan to switch back to

" Special Offer! $25 for 500 MB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus "

Would this be enough time for the change to take effect? I am not concerned about the extra cost. I am just looking for peace of mind with full coverage and not headaches. 

If you're not on a promo plan now then just schedule the plan change for the Aug 13 renewal. And after that schedule a plan change for the NEXT renewal.

The problem comes with the possibility that the plan is no longer available. Either the one you're currently on or the one you want to change to. If you schedule it while it's still available then you're fine.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@derektSwitching plan is immediate.. no need for notice

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@derekt 

You have two options ot change plans:

1. Immediately. You will lose whatever remaining of the orginal plan

2.  At next payment data.  

You should have enough time.  Or for your return plan change, just change at next payment date.

Need Help? Let's chat.