cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspending phone plan

namdarkaboli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm going abroad for a couple of months. Is there any way I could suspend my phone plan with public mobile during that time?

If yes, how & for how long?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@namdarkaboli wrote:

I'm going abroad for a couple of months. Is there any way I could suspend my phone plan with public mobile during that time?

Thanks

In the case of a customer reporting a phone as lost/stolen to prevent a plan from automatically renewing, doing this will not make any plan that you've already paid for last longer. The clock would keep counting down on  any time remaining in the current billing cycle 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

just to add,  if you are going near the 90 day mark, renew 3-4 days before incase you run into any reactivation issues.  you did say a couple months so i am sure you will be fine.

also remember that suspending your account will means apps and verifications tied to your number will not come through. so be sure the services you need are not tied to just your tel number  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@namdarkaboli 

It depends on when is your next renewal date.

Your account will be suspended on your next renewal date after you disable autopay

You have 90 days to reactivate your account.  Otherwise, your account will be canceled and your phone number will be back to the provider who gave you your phone number.

If you have enough available fund in your account to renewal your plan, disable autopay is not enough as PM will use your available fund to renew your plan.  In this case, you need to report your phone lost/stolen to stop PM from renewing your plan.

Please note that putting your account in suspension will delay your anniversary date by the same number of suspended days before you will be awarded your loyalty reward.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@namdarkaboli wrote:

Thanks

@namdarkaboli 

Yes, You can pause your services up to  90days  MAX.

In order to pause services Remove auto-pay from your account.

Also, make sure that your account does not have enough funds to make the next payment.

It will automatically put your account on Suspend.

Just make sure you activate it back by renewing your plan/ making a payment before 90 days hit or you will lose account/phone number.

Cheers

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You can do it two ways each has its own benefits and shortcomings.

You can withdraw your credit card from the file. This method will work if you don't have above balance. If you do have account balance yet will be used to renew. Your 90 days will start ticking on your renewal date so it will give you more time (from today if your renewal is not tomorrow)

If you do have money on your balance then you have to use lost/stolen suspention method. It will save your balance but the click will start ticking right away. You don't have to remove payment info.

In either case don't forget to restart within 90 days

Have a safe trip

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can suspend your account for up to 90 days.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/pause-your-plan

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@namdarkaboli wrote:

Thanks

@namdarkaboli Yes, you can do so through your self-service account and suspend it up to 90 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.