cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspecting a bug in the data add-on with auto pay option

biberboris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Recently (2-3 weeks ago) I've purchased a 1GB data add-on while still having some data left from the previous 1GB add-on purchase. Couple of days ago I realize my phone has no data, and when I log into my account indeed it shows no data.

This seems extremely unlikely because I rarily use the data anyway (even if 1GB does go by fast), so there is no way that I went through it so fast. I never watch videos and scroll once or twice through my Instagram feed. Mostly maps and bus schedules.

I know that sometimes I need to manually put some money in my account even with the auto-pay enabled just to get my phone to accept calls and have data. I believe the 1GB add-on has disappeared / was taken out somehow during those payment bugs and now I had to pay another 30$ for the data.

Could you verify this on my account please through history database or some other method? To check where this 1GB has disappeared to.

Greatly appreciated

6 REPLIES 6

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Android or ios? You can see what used up most of your data on your own phone if that would help you get down to the bottom of it.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@biberboris  hi if you look in your data and Add on section if there is no data showing that is because you used it all up in order to save on your data make sure all your apps are disabled for updating when you are on your data,only update when on Wi-Fi you would not believe how quick you can use up your data if you do not have these apps disabled 

biberboris
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you for the assistance Luditte!

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Check your logged usage first: Self-serve => Plans & Addons => Usage history => Call type "Web".

If you find discrepancies, Ask a moderator (Can take up to 48 hrs, 1 message at a time).

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Hi you are on a public forum we are customers like you but if you would like to post a sreen shot of your usage and payment section maybe we can help or you can contact a moderator for assistance  here

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@biberboris You almost certainly used the data inadvertently.

Only the moderators can access all your information though. So, click this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.