cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion - short-term plans

shinichi77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's more like my request than a suggestion.

I travel between my home country and Canada quite often and PM's prepaid plans work very well for me.

If there are some short-term plans such as 1 day / 1 week / 15 days plans, that would be even better.  

For example, my current plan will end on Nov 1 and am leaving Canada on Nov 2 for a couple months. In this case, just for 1.5 days I will have to pay the full amount for some plan or live without a plan. But if there are short-term plans I would buy for sure.

12 REPLIES 12

shinichi77

@computergeek541 I suppose they already have implemented balance expiry dates and pay-per-use services. The difference is the duration not only 30 days but it could be 1 day or 7 days and so on. In fact someone just mentioned they used to offer a 10 day plan, so their software must have the ability to handle that already.

I would buy a 1 day plan for $15 (e.g. 1 day plan with 100mb) instead of $25 (The cheapest plan with data without Autopay bonus: 30 days with 500mg).

@shinichi77 wrote:

If there are some short-term plans such as 1 day / 1 week / 15 days plans, that would be even better.  

I can undersatand why this would appeal to customers, but why would the carrier do it?  I doubt Public Mobile would consider this, but if they they did, they would need to implement balance expiry dates and pay-per-use services. This doesn't follow the company model for pricing.

@shinichi77 

Hey a few wishes have come true and a couple came true temporarily.....but it does appear someone checks in on it.....could be coincidence or a wishlist fairy......

shinichi77

@darlicious Thanks for the link. I'll post my suggestion there.

Hi @shinichi77  - gotcha ya on that.

Just trying to offer an alternative.

Travel Safe!

shinichi77

@darlicious  So sad that the 10 day plan has been eliminated. 

Yes I know about suspending. In fact I will keep my SIM till I come back and use it.

shinichi77

@esjliv I'm not asking about suspension or active/inactive status or anything. Right I'll be keeping my SIM till I come back in 90 days. I'm just suggesting short-term plans. 

shinichi77

@Gunner123 Yes I know. That's why I'm suggesting

@shinichi77 

Public mobile used to have 10 day plans but they eliminated them quite sometime ago. But you do have the option of suspending your plan for up to 90 days (89 really) and resuming your service. You can resume on the lowest cost plan and suspend again if you are going to be away for half a year or more......

Edit: as @esjliv has shown you how to do.....

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @shinichi77 ,

All current in market plans are 30-days (some grandfathered 90-days).

You can use this Suspended Feature to keep you account ACTIVE and to keep your phone number.

Remove your credit card from autopay (so you will not be charged for renewals when in Suspended status) IF you have an Available Balance on your account.

So on Oct. 31, 2020 follow the below steps to suspend your phone.

MAKE SURE TO REACTIVE IT before the 90 though - or you will lose your account/phone number. So give yourself a reminder around the 85th day.

Lost/Stolen Phone and/or Suspend Service:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Lost Or Stolen Phone

If your Phone is lost or stolen, you can Suspend your service if you’d like to prevent any calls or messages from being sent or received. Doing so will not keep your plan from expiring; however, it will ensure that your credit card is not charged at your next renewal date if you’re on AutoPay.Just follow these steps:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Note that after 90 days in suspend, your account will be deactivated permanently so be sure to return to this page if you find your phone or decide to get a new SIM card.

esjliv_0-1603565054076.png

To reactive/resume:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Pay the amount of your plan
  3. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  4. Select Resume/Reactivate Service

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@shinichi77 hi no sorry all plans are 30 days 

Need Help? Let's chat.