cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Successfully purchased and added on US Roaming Data + Talk + Text... Still cannot call US numbers.

rafflesk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I have successfully topped up my account, and activated and added the US Roaming package. I have just tried calling a US based number from Canada and have gotten the "You don't have an add-on" error message.

Is there a way to verify that my purchase went through and has been activated BEFORE I leave on a trip this Feburary, Sat 15th? I do not want to be left in a posistion of being in a new city without a working phone.

Is this something I'll need the Mod team to handle? I've already created a ticket and a private message but have not received resolution.

Thanks all! 

data.png

9 REPLIES 9

ras256us

I added the add on feature for talk and data and it doesn’t work. I restarted mobile enabled roaming.

@rafflesk wrote:

Great! I should have clarified in my opening post - I just really needed roaming + calls after I landed in the US. I'll just activate roaming when I arrive, thanks!

@rafflesk  Because Public Mobile is strictly a prepaid provider without any overage charges ever you can leave Roaming always turned on. I do. Smiley Happy

@rafflesk wrote:

Great! I should have clarified in my opening post - I just really needed roaming + calls after I landed in the US. I'll just activate roaming when I arrive, thanks!

Since you bought it 3 days early, it will last for 7 days when you are in the US. I hope you are not staying for more than a week.

rafflesk

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rafflesk  The one you bought is for calls if you are in the US.  And unfortunately,  its active from now. So, you will lose 3 days nefore you leave for the US. When in the US Eenable roaming and restart your phone. Alternately, if using WiFi, download the Textnow app and use it to call the US  and Canada for free. If on an Android phone you can use Google hangouts and Google dialer combined to Do the same. Enjoy your trip.

@rafflesk wrote:

Hi all,

I have successfully topped up my account, and activated and added the US Roaming package. I have just tried calling a US based number from Canada and have gotten the "You don't have an add-on" error message.

Is there a way to verify that my purchase went through and has been activated BEFORE I leave on a trip this Feburary, Sat 15th? I do not want to be left in a posistion of being in a new city without a working phone.

Is this something I'll need the Mod team to handle? I've already created a ticket and a private message but have not received resolution.

Thanks all! 

data.png

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@rafflesk wrote:

Hi all,

Is there a way to verify that my purchase went through and has been activated BEFORE I leave on a trip thisFeburaryy, Sat15thh? I do not want to be left in aposistionn of being in a new city without a working phone.

Thanks all! 

data.png

@rafflesk  You have the correct add-ons.  If the add-ons are listed on your selfserve landing page then you are good to go. Just make sure you have enabled roaming on your device for data to work properly when you are in the US.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@rafflesk Oh no! Those add-ons are for roaming while you are in US. To call US while you are in Canada, you need the Long Distance add-on. You won't be able to test until you are there. 

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@rafflesk No, you'll only be able to test once you leave Canada, unfortunately.

When you get there, try it. If it doesn't work, try to manually select AT&T or T-mobile to see which one has the best service in the area you are in (likely AT&T).

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@rafflesk No, you'll only be able to test once you leave Canada, unfortunately.

Need Help? Let's chat.