cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid data plan vs purchased data question but...

captaingrim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I understand regular data plan only exists for the duration of the plan be it 30 day/90 day.

Purchased data exists until it's used up so it has no data limit, only a data limit.

Suppose  have 2 GB data plan for 30 days, and purchased 1 GB additional.

Then, I use up the 2 GB before the 30 days are up then use 100 MB of the purchased data.

During the next 30 day cycle, I know I have a reset 2 GB data plan and carryover 900 MB purchased data.

My question is: Given the above, does my 2GB data plan get used first in the new cycle, or does the 900 MB get used, or what?

I assume my data plan always gets used first before purchased data, but I want to be sure.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

captaingrim

Thanks for the heads up on checking what data is actually being used first, and for the added bonus advice that it's usually cheaper to just renew my plan earlier instead of buying a data addon.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

yes data on your plan should get used first then additional data.  If you notice otherwise then contact the mods.  (several months ago when there was a data addon promotion, users noticed the addon data was being used before the plan data)

Also usually it is cheaper $/gig to ask for a plan to be renewed early instead of buying the data addon 

captaingrim

Okay, thanks. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@captaingrim, plan data will always get used first.  If that runs out,  then the add on will get used.

Welcome to Public Mobile. 

Need Help? Let's chat.