cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student

Devanshsmehta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, I am an international student and not in the country for some time.

I wanted to keep my number active is it possible if I can keep it active without paying?

Please assist Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Devanshsmehta hi you can get  a top up voucher at https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/20-percent-off-on-mobile-top-ups   they are 20% off, they are sold out right now they go fast  keep an eye out for them 

@Devanshsmehta  You can use xoom.com, recharge.com or ding.com to add funds to you account.

Devanshsmehta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@shep22 How do I get these vouchers? Like could I get them online cause I am not in the country

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Devanshsmehta   you could  try porting your number to a voip plan like fongo  or textnow .  and then port back or simply use the voip service as your primary number.

not sure of the porting costs though.  and porting back to mobile from voip does take longer than regular ports.   I think much depends on how long you are out of the country.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Devanshsmehta 

There is a cheaper way to keep you phone number.  You can port you number to 7-11 Speakout and topup with $25 per year.

fdrcamb519

@Devanshsmehta 

Depending how long you are staying away, another option is port number to speak out wireless, their expiry is 365 days for $25.to keep number active than, port Back to PM. Just a suggestion.

shep22

@Devanshsmehta hi to add to what @RossN  mentioned you could buy a couple of vouchers to take with you to pay your plan before the 90 days 

@Devanshsmehta wrote:

I wanted to keep my number active is it possible if I can keep it active without paying?

Please assist Thanks!

😁

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Devanshsmehta wrote:

Please assist Thanks!

@Devanshsmehta  Please see below post for more info on how to do this:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/can-I-temporarily-suspend-my-account-while...

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Devanshsmehta wrote:

Please assist Thanks!

Allow it to go into suspension, then at day 80 -85 restart it with a $15.00 plan. then allow it to go into suspension again you can do this every 90 days after you renew it will actually be 120 days. 30 days for the 15.00 plan and 90 days before you lose your number.

Hopefully, that's not too confusing. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Devanshsmehta Hello the only way to do that is to pay for your lowest plan a $15 plan then suspend  for up to 90 days and then pay one cycle and then you can let it suspend again for up to 90 days but do not leave it until the last day or two in case you have issues renewing have a great day

Need Help? Let's chat.