cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorrywe can not compleat your call ...

dwadams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I attempted to activate data on my Samsung  S7 phone, following instructions found in community.  The result was that I got data and lost talk capability.  I reset my access point settings to default.  Now when I try to make a call I get the message “SORRY WE CAN NOT COMPLEAT YOUR CALL.  YOU DON’T HAVE AN ACTIVE LONG DISTANCE ADD-ON AND THIS CALL IS NOT COVERED BY YOUR PLAN.  GET AN ADDON BY DIALING *611” My plan has Canada wide long distance and has always worked!  I put my SIM card in another phone and tried it and got the same message, do obviously my problem isn’t the phone but the provider.

I tried to contacting a moderator,  using  instructions  found in community, didn’t work.

6 REPLIES 6

dwadams
My Plan
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

dwadams

Thank you but didn't do the trick.  I sent privet message to moderator team and am waiting.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@dwadams wrote:

I attempted to activate data on my Samsung  S7 phone, following instructions found in community.  The result was that I got data and lost talk capability.  I reset my access point settings to default.  Now when I try to make a call I get the message “SORRY WE CAN NOT COMPLEAT YOUR CALL.  YOU DON’T HAVE AN ACTIVE LONG DISTANCE ADD-ON AND THIS CALL IS NOT COVERED BY YOUR PLAN.  GET AN ADDON BY DIALING *611” My plan has Canada wide long distance and has always worked!  I put my SIM card in another phone and tried it and got the same message, do obviously my problem isn’t the phone but the provider.

I tried to contacting a moderator,  using  instructions  found in community, didn’t work.

You need dial 1 first before area code, I don't know why, but for me if I don't I will get same message as yours.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dwadams wrote:

I'm curious if you are on something like the $15 plan. Where you have 100 minutes, unlimited incoming calls and texting and 250 MB of data. If you are out of minutes, there are no overage charges, you lose that functionality until your renewal (or until you buy an add-on). Since you get the same error on another phone (which I assume was unlocked) then it isn't related to you accidentally changing something you shouldn't have while attempting to adjust your APN settings unless you repeated that when testing the SIM in another phone. Take a look in "My Account" and see what you are provisioned for in there. Anything you are out of usually just vanishes from there. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dwadams 

Moderators are taking at least 1-2 days for response due to service demand. They will respond to your private message eventually.... 

In the meantime, you can try the lost/stolen phone trick.  It resets your phone/plan/sim.  It does no harm to your phone or account.  It has been used successful in the past for different technical issues.  

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

which plan you have? did you run out your mins?

Need Help? Let's chat.