cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on

CET_GUY27
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Received this message (or something close to it) this morning every time I try to call a local number.

Not sure what is going on. I appear to have access to data (can browse web pages) but my text messages and phone calls are not working.

I did find a similar topic to this, but people were hypothesizing things about wrong cell towers. I have a province wide plan, was calling an ontario (Kitchener) number from another Kitchener number, in Kitchener. 

25 REPLIES 25

I'd message them again. If they haven't responded at all to you yet, that is not cool, @CS_Agent .

Contact @Moderator_Team

Just as a sidenote, I was on last Evening and saw at least 7 moderators online plus I think @Alan_K might have been pitching in as well.

dan420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I messaged them on here but how long will at take then to gwt back to me its been over a week now and it started wirking the other nightat 11pm but then when i woke up the next day it wasnt working again

You've reopened an old thread, which can be quite confusing. For better clarity and exposure, it's best to start your own new thread.

In the meantime, here is a how-to by @srlawren to see if you've ordered it correctly.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974#M22...

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

About @Moderator_Team

You've reopened an old thread, which can be quite confusing. For better clarity and exposure, it's best to start your own new thread.

In the meantime, here is a how-to by @srlawren to see if you've ordered it correctly.

Contact @Moderator_Team
It can take up to 48 hours for the team to respond to your concerns.

About @Moderator_Team

YVR

@dan420 wrote:

Can someone help me with this issue I've has this going on for a few days and my plan cut off  a day earlier then It was suppose to which is whatever bur it seems to happen alot abd that adds up ahah, but I'm losing my mind trying to get this to work, is there any way to get ahold of public? They don' have any service reps or anything but can you email them ? Cause this is pretty rediculous I have data atm but only 500 mb it seems when I should have 6 and a half gigs 

Unfortunately, this can only be done by the Public Mobile MODs and that is only online.  They do not have a call in service representatives.

@dan420 

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  The billing cycle is every 30 days (not same day each month).  

If you want to contact PM, you will need to contact moderator (PM employee) via private messaging.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

dan420
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone help me with this issue I've has this going on for a few days and my plan cut off  a day earlier then It was suppose to which is whatever bur it seems to happen alot abd that adds up ahah, but I'm losing my mind trying to get this to work, is there any way to get ahold of public? They don' have any service reps or anything but can you email them ? Cause this is pretty rediculous I have data atm but only 500 mb it seems when I should have 6 and a half gigs 

Samantha87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Usmalhi, Did you perform the 2 step procedure for purchasing add-ons?  Does the add-on show up in your self serve portal?  if it does, you will need to contact the moderator team via private message.

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

If the add on does not show up, but there are available funds in your account, then you need to perform the second step of purchasing an add-on (which is the actual purchase of the add-on using the funds in your account).

Usmalhi

I added 15$ for long distance calling a few days back and still getting this msg that I do not have funds in my account for long distance calling. Please fix it.

CET_GUY27

This is a common issue today.

Please message @CS_Agent with your info

Yishan812005

I’m having the same issue and I have provincial calling 

I also cannot make local call can you please help me I’m located in Ontario Canada 

dbunton

I have this same issue as of this morning.  I can receive calls but cannot make them.  How do I resolve this?  It keeps saving I need an addon for long distance calls, but I am only trying to make a local call?  Anyone able to help me?

rpatel9

I have the same problem could you help me, please?

canes99

I am having this exact same issue with the only exception that I am in Toronto.  I am in Toronto, trying to dial a local Toronto phone number.  My plan is active, in good standing and includes "Unlimited Provincial Talk".  I am receiving the same error recording "Sorry, we cannot complete your call, you do not have the required long distance add on."

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @shawnnavindra, can you please send @Shazia_K a private message with your phone number and a brief description of the issue?  If you're not sure how, you can find the directions linked below in the italic text at the bottom of this reply.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

shawnnavindra
Hey I've been having the same issue for three days now. Help.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @PJ_on_PM

I'm sorry about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Hey PJ_on_PM I'm so sorry you're experiencing these issues. One of our moderators @Shazia_K will be in later this morning, she'll make contact with you in this thread. Should be an easy fix for her, hold tight.

Hey @Shazia_K if you could help solve this issue when you get in, that'd be great, thanks 🙂

PJ_on_PM

Hi,

I also appear to have the same issue. I'm in the GTA (Ontario) and being told that a 647 (Ontario) number is long distance. The 647 number in question is with Koodo if that information is of any use. I have restarted the phone with no resolution to the issue.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

-PJ

srlawren

Hi @BPSJ, it sounds like you already got a resolution to this issue (http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Cannot-make-local-calls-on-Unlimited-Pro...).  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

BPSJ

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue here. Would it be possible to receive assistance?

Thanks,
Bruno

srlawren

That's great, @CET_GUY27!  Thanks for letting us know.  Come back any time.  🙂

CET_GUY27
Shazia was able to rectify the issue via private message.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @CET_GUY27

I'm sorry to see that your having issues with your voice network. 

Would you be able to send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number?

Thanks,

Shazia

Not sure how to send me or see private messages? Click here

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
Need Help? Let's chat.