cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something wrong with my data usage?

ckstar82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys, i’m on a 6g/120days plan. The billing circle starts at 20Aug. I have received the free 1g data message too, don’t know if it’s already added up to my account or not. By September 9th, all my data was used! This is so weird, I don’t even know where I used all that. I didn’t set the data tracking, and my wifi assist is turned off all the time. I’ve been with public for many years, this is the first time that all my data 7g are used up like flash! Based on the usage history, only on 29th Aug, I used 3g, but actually I was at home that Friday with wifi access! Could there be any errors of calculating my data usage? 

9 REPLIES 9

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ckstar82 wrote:

Hi guys, i’m on a 6g/120days plan. The billing circle starts at 20Aug. I have received the free 1g data message too, don’t know if it’s already added up to my account or not. By September 9th, all my data was used! This is so weird, I don’t even know where I used all that. I didn’t set the data tracking, and my wifi assist is turned off all the time. I’ve been with public for many years, this is the first time that all my data 7g are used up like flash! Based on the usage history, only on 29th Aug, I used 3g, but actually I was at home that Friday with wifi access! Could there be any errors of calculating my data usage? 

Yes there definitely could be errors calculating your data usage. Several people have the exact issue since receiving the free 1gb. 

@ckstar82 wrote:

Ticket submitted, thank you all for the info.

Hopefully the moderators sort this out for you they seem to be all caught up from the flash sale backlog and have much quicker response times. @CS_Agent  You guys rock! You're really on the ball today. Perhaps you should wait for the moderator to help with your issue and then come back and mark it solved with the member closest to your solution.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ckstar82 wrote:

Hi guys, i’m on a 6g/120days plan.

@ckstar82  You mean 6g/90 days correct?

The billing circle starts at 20Aug. I have received the free 1g data message too, don’t know if it’s already added up to my account or not. By September 9th, all my data was used! This is so weird, I don’t even know where I used all that. I didn’t set the data tracking, and my wifi assist is turned off all the time. I’ve been with public for many years, this is the first time that all my data 7g are used up like flash! Based on the usage history, only on 29th Aug, I used 3g, but actually I was at home that Friday with wifi access!

Is it possible that your WiFi was temporarily down and you were using data without realising it.

Could there be any errors of calculating my data usage? 

Data usage is pretty accurate the ony issue is like others have mentioned for the data counter not resetting on Aug 20th. If you want to make sure submit a ticket.Submit a Ticket

ckstar82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ticket submitted, thank you all for the info.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should check your phone app data usage from the data settings on your phone and also download a data manager app that can tell you which apps used all your data, it can also tell you which apps were using wifi and which were using cell data - because somtimes phones will automatically use your cell data instead of local wifi even when your phone is set to chose wifi before cell data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ckstar82 wrote:

There have been sporadic reports of the data counter not being reset at renewal.

You'll need to contact the moderators. Apparently you have to muddle your through figuring out magic keywords with the ? icon in the lower right to get a form to submit.

Magic words are I want to speak to a human.  Or use magic link.

That's the same as clicking the ?. Yes...*this* time I got the submit ticket with those magic words. It's not reliable. Thus my snark. It would be much better if they provided a link straight to the form.

@Anonymous wrote:

@ckstar82 wrote:

There have been sporadic reports of the data counter not being reset at renewal.

You'll need to contact the moderators. Apparently you have to muddle your through figuring out magic keywords with the ? icon in the lower right to get a form to submit.

Magic words are I want to speak to a human.  Or use magic link.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Do you know how to check your data usage in self serve?

If you used it all it should show in there in the 17 day period.

If your data did not reset, you'll see nearly 6 gigs of data not used and a moderator will fix it for you. The data reset bug is a real possibility.

To create a support ticket:

Explain your issue to SIMON, the ? comment bubble in the bottom right.

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand you better. Answer his questions until you get to here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will take over your case and respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST
Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ckstar82 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.